New job Senior Bilingual Coordinator, Franchise Payroll in Manitoba
Senior Bilingual Coordinator, Franchise Payroll
Company : Loblaw Companies Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:101 Weston Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 2T4
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Loblaw focuses on getting better every day and putting the customer first, creating a fast paced work environment with constant change. We are making changes to business processes and technology, in a solutions driven environment. Questioning the status quo and digging deeper into problems is valued and supported.
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll Operations and Systems. The Sr. Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for processing and validating payroll information, assisting with the administration of payroll activities. You will upload, issue and amend Records of Employment while developing knowledge of Union Agreements. Distribute payroll inquiries through multiple channels and redirect to the appropriate department when necessary. Will also be working on processing payroll direct deposit bank rejects while providing franchise stores with the required information to manually pay employees at store. You will be working with our CGI Payroll System and Government websites.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Process and validate payroll information
- Assist with the administration and processing of payroll activities
- Issue Records of Employment
- Compile and submit Garnishments
- Respond in a timely manner to customers on payroll matters
- Develop a knowledge of Union Agreements
- Other duties as required
The candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bilingual - French/English
- Education or experience in payroll (or a related field) is considered an asset
- A minimum of one year general office experience, preferably within a payroll environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office products
- Must be highly motivated with an ability to manage a large volume of work effectively while adhering to strict deadlines
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi- task daily activities in a fast paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both French and English with the ability to interact with internal and external customers
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information
- Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work with a team
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.