New job Security Guard in Saskatchewan
Company : Haztech
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Haztech has openings for qualified SECURITY GUARDS to join our team for a short term contract in Weyburn. The security guards will work 10-12 hour night shifts and will work on a rotational basis of 1 week on and 1 week off for the length of the project. Please note that applicants must live within the vicinity of Weyburn.
As a member of Haztech’s Security team, you will be responsible for providing the security and safety of personnel, property, and the environment in assigned areas through vehicle and foot patrols. In this role you will provide site access and security clearance to staff, contractors, and visitors. You will be required to provide detailed documentation in compliance with the site’s Health and Safety program, including documentation regarding completed site and vehicle inspections.
- Maintain a positive relationship with Haztech’s management team and crew on site
- Secure the premises and personnel by patrolling property and monitoring equipment and access points
- Take appropriate preventative and protective actions in response to safety and security incidents related to client and company property and personnel
- Patrol assigned areas, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity, or safety/fire hazards
- Monitor and authorize the entrance of vehicles and visitors onto the property
- Respond to alarms and dispatched calls; decide what actions to take based on the situation, facts known, and position limitations
- Maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Completion of 40 hour Sask Justice Security Guard Training Course preferred.
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 license
- Ability to obtain criminal record clearance
- Reliable transportation
- First Aid/CPR certificate preferred
- Ability to be fully alert and aware of surroundings
- Commitment to consistent accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Independent judgement and decision making.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Professionally represent Haztech and provide exceptional service.
Haztech is a leading North American provider of professional, innovative, and tailored healthcare and technical safety services across a diverse range of sectors including Mining and Resources, Oil and Gas, Government, Defense, and the General Public. Haztech delivers robust, consolidated, and sophisticated services including on-site doctors, nurses and paramedics, remote access health centers, and health & safety programs.
Our scope of service also consists of occupational health testing, covid-19 testing, firefighting – rescue and emergency services, primary healthcare, medevac, security, safety training, and return-to-work management. We have a proven and unparalleled commitment to customer service, reliability, and efficiency with credit to our team of highly dedicated health & safety professionals.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift