New job Quality Control Analyst Senior in New Brunswick
Quality Control Analyst Senior
Company : Medavie Blue Cross
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Quality Control Analyst Senior
Full time, permanent
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, PEI or Newfoundland
October 3, 2021
Under general direction, the Test Automation SPA is a key point of contact for automation activities within their projects and is an invaluable collaborator for development and quality control teams. Is responsible for prioritizing work daily to ensure required tests are automated within the expected timeframe. Main duties within the project: handle automation related topic spanning from test analysis and development, test execution routines, report assessment and results communication. Guide and mentor less experienced members of the team. Recommends improvements/changes to the system test automation process; ensures the established process is followed and evolved to keep up with realities and technologies.
As a Test Automation Senior Programmer Analyst your key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in project meetings, technical discussions, project estimation, risk assessment.
- Participate in test case reviews and obtain clarification where necessary; determine good candidates for test automation.
- Develop automated test cases along with reporting mechanisms
- Develop reporting routines and connect to existing reporting portals
- Develop build pipelines related automation stages
- Plan test execution scope and routines
- Evaluate & report on outcome of test automation cycle, review issues with QA counterpart.
- Supervise, mentor, guide, review, and critique work of less experienced QA Automation Analysts.
- Manage multiple priorities and activities.
- Investigate defects, troubleshoot, and propose appropriate solutions.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
Academic Background: Bachelor degree or college diploma in Computer Science or similar program.
Experience Typically five or more years combined experience in Software Quality Control and Development role.
Languages: Proficiency in English is required (written & spoken). French would be an asset.
- Proven success developing automated tests for UI, REST services and Transaction based systems
- Experience with a wide variety of test tools, including the integration of different tools.
- Understanding of Software Engineering Process, RUP Methodology (particularly iterative Development) and Agile Methodology.
- Strong knowledge of selenium-based automation frameworks.
- Support continuous improvement and familiar with best practices including Lean Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Basic knowledge of containerization and orchestration (Docker/Swarm/Kubernetes) is a plus
- Staying up to date with new technologies and suggesting feasible ways to make use of them through personal and collective initiatives.
- Working knowledge of the environment and tools used by the test automation team.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work proactively with minimal supervision on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong Leadership, Communication, and Negotiation Skills.
- Tool set: Node JS / Git – Gitlab / RDBMS (oracle)
- Frameworks: Selenium – Selenium JS – Web driver IO – Protractor – Cucumber
- Testing & work methodology: BDD, TDD, CICD
You also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Knowledge: Adapts and uses new technical knowledge quickly; adapts easily to changes in the work environment.
Analytical Thinking: Ability to learn and use problem solving techniques; ability to notice hidden problems and uncover viable solutions.
Customer Orientation: Motivated by working hard and delivering value to the customer.
Execution and Organizational Skills: Well-organized, ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as required. Work efficiently and effectively and meet deadlines under tight timelines.
Team Work Skills: Collaborates with peers, supports and moves the group in the right direction; works collaboratively within a team and across departments to achieve business goals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Medavie Blue Cross will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our employees are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work takes place remotely at this time. For those employees who must work in our offices, we have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our people by providing strict protocols/practices to meet legislated client and company needs, as well as modifications to the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Oracle, Programmer, Database, Technology, Engineering