New job Quality Assurance Technician in Alberta
Quality Assurance Technician
Company : Sofina Foods Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Quality Assurance Technician (Temporary)
Quality Assurance Technician monitors and inspects Sofina products, materials, equipment, and production facilities to comply with Sofina Quality by Process philosophy, Sofina QA programs and specifications, to excel customer expectations ensuring compliance with government regulations.
Candidate must be flexible. We are currently seeking someone who is able to work a early morning shift 3:00 AM – 11:30 AM and/or afternoon shift 4:45 PM – 1.15 AM shifts.
- Understand all Sofina QA documents such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Plans, CCPs (Critical Control Points), pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures and complete corresponding records, to ensure procedures and records are followed and completed appropriately.
- Perform Quality Assurance checks such as CCP checks, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) monitoring, Pre-operational inspection, prerequisite checks, conformity of finished products throughout the manufacturing process, inspect incoming material, etc. to ensure all procedures are fully implemented and to confirm acceptance to required specifications.
- Train all personnel at the Plant (i.e. production, quality, shipping, maintenance, etc.) on quality requirements
- Accountable to participate in QA projects such as microbiological sample collection (e.g. Salmonella, Listeria), collecting temptale data, MPIP, E. coli validation studies, new product launch, etc with a goal of improved compliance and operational efficiency
- Certificate or Diploma in Quality Assurance or a related discipline, with relevant food processing experience
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Quality regulatory requirements and systems
- Strong understanding of manufacturing food processes
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)