New job Provincial Project Manager in New Brunswick
Provincial Project Manager
Company : New Brunswick Multicultural Council
Salary : $50,000 - $60,000 a year
Location : New Brunswick
The New Brunswick Multicultural Council Inc. (NBMC) is seeking a motivated Provincial Project Manager to join our team.
NBMC is the bilingual nonprofit, umbrella organization for established and emerging multicultural/ethno-cultural associations and immigrant-serving agencies in the province. Since 1983, NBMC has played a key advisory role to federal, provincial and municipal levels of government on issues relating to multiculturalism, immigration, newcomer settlement, retention and labour market integration. NBMC works to enrich and grow our communities and enhance life in our province by enabling newcomers and members of the multicultural community to fully participate in society. NBMC is also valued by the settlement and multicultural community as a central coordinating and capacity-building body that promotes efficiency, avoids duplication of services, and allows for an exchange of best practices and other resources through its network of organizations, contacts, partners, etc.
Summary of Role:
The Pre-Employment and Skills Development Project is a continued initiative designed to help a defined cohort of newcomers find meaningful career pathways in New Brunswick. NBMC is a member serving organization, and as such, has partnered to coordinate and deliver the Adult & Youth Pre-Employment and Skills development Project in the 4 selected regions:
- Saint John
- Rural and small Communities of NB
Under the direction of the Director of Employment Initiatives and in accordance with the NBMC stated purposes, the Provincial Project Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of NBMC’s signature immigrant employability project, Skills Launch for youth and the new Skills Launch for adult project, and act as the lead staff on many related immigrant employability and labour market engagement, access to employment and leadership, advocacy and policy.
This is a 10-month contract with the possibility of renewal after the contract’s completion. During the course of the contract the Provincial Project Manager will be responsible for project activities, staff and event supervision, coordinating with project stakeholders, liaising with partners and drafting reports to funders. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to a young and growing organization that is making a meaningful change for immigrants in New Brunswick.
The Provincial Project Manager is responsible for supporting and overseeing the work led by project coordinators at each site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
· Prepare project materials, including implementation plans and all relevant documentations;
· Identify key partners and establishing a provincial Advisory Committee and support the local coordinators in establishing local integration committees;
· Promotion of the project, including, developing branding materials, press release and official launch;
· Implement a shared Client Management System consistent across all sites; including problem solving, tracking and recording progress and results;
· Coordinate details and logistics for meetings and training / orientation events, which may include note taking and follow up;
· Work with project budget and ensure it is adhered to;
· Support local operations, including assistance with events, outreach, and projects, when necessary, at the different local sites;
· Develop Communications strategy, multi-media and communications content for the Skills Launch employability project;
· Prepare monthly reports and quarterly roll-up reports for NBMC;
· Prepare the end of project report and do project close-out activities;
· Work with NBMC leadership team to identify strategic initiatives to enhance settlement and retention in urban and rural and small centers;
· Other duties as required.
Specific Employment Support for Newcomers and Employers
· Enhance local capacity to deliver cross-cultural intelligence and Canadian workplace skills training for employers and staff and newcomers;
· Provide local coordinators with employer engagement training, strategies and tools;
· Develop and share standardized and adaptable orientation and settlement plans and tools for newcomers in the workplace;
· Work with local coordinators to map service providers, define and clarify roles and responsibilities with local and provincial partners;
· Other duties as required.
· Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values;
· Communication: Communicates in a clear, professional, and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement;
· Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards;
· Planning and Organizing: Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long-term work goals;
· Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive interaction both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
Skills and Qualification:
· Minimum 3 years relevant experience (project coordination or support, process improvement, etc.);
· Degree in Business / Administration, Social Sciences, and /or recognized Communications/Public Relations related studies;
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English required, French a strong asset;
· Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and attention to detail is necessary;
· Proven experience in project management aspects: work-planning, financial oversight, staff supervision, problem solving are strong assets;
· Must demonstrate strong ethics, compassion, discipline and sensitivity to cultural diversity, trauma, mental health, etc.;
· Must be exceptionally organized and demonstrate superior time management skills;
· Can demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills;
· Can work independently and as part of a team;
· Flexible, outgoing and prepared to take on new tasks;
· Experience in managing social media and online communities an asset;
· Experience with Client Relationship Management system, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC, Survey Monkey and Doodle;
· Able to travel within province;
The NBMC office is located in Fredericton, NB. Staff location in Fredericton is highly preferred, but consideration for remote work will be given to outstanding candidates located elsewhere in the province.
Contract length: 10 months
Application deadline: 2021-10-01
Expected start date: 2021-10-04
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- project management: 3 years (preferred)
- French (preferred)