New job Project Manager in Saskatchewan
Company : Triton Environmental Consultants LTD.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Are you looking for a new opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting development projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton) is growing and looking for experienced environmental project managers to join our team in Regina, Edmonton, and Calgary. Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. Some of the primary benefits of working at Triton, aside from career growth and abundant opportunity include:
- highly competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package
- annual performance bonus program
- employee referral bonus program
- coverage of annual dues for professional designation
- coverage of fees for approved professional development opportunities
- coverage of safety training costs
We are currently delivering a large variety of projects across Western Canada and will provide the successful candidate with rewarding opportunities for career development within an ambitious team of top industry professionals.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with over 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We promote a safety conscious, people-first culture.
We are known for applying technical expertise and a pragmatic approach to the challenges our clients bring to us. Our multi-disciplinary team is made up of environmental professionals specializing in terrestrial and aquatic biology, ecology, and environmental monitoring/inspection. We apply this wide range of expertise to the development of practical environmental solutions for our clients.
The successful candidate will have a flair for business development combined with the ability for maintaining and enhancing our existing client relationships. In this role you will lead the delivery of existing projects, provide senior technical support, and develop new opportunities. You will be responsible for managing the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects and providing senior mentorship to staff. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and managing a diverse array of projects, people and tasks
- Providing excellent service to existing clients
- Maintaining and enhancing existing client relationships
- Supporting corporate business development initiatives
- Liaising and negotiating with partners, clients, regulators, contractors, and sub-contractors
- Writing high-quality reports, cost estimates, and proposals
- Creating project status reports and maintaining project documentation
- Leading technical teams to ensure the quality, cost, and timeliness of deliverables
- Contributing expertise to multi-disciplinary projects
- Providing mentorship and training for our team of environmental professionals
- Working collaboratively with other offices across Triton
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Degree or diploma in a related field (environmental science, biology, agrology, ecology)
- Professional designation (P. Biol., PMP, etc. or eligible for registration as a registered professional)
- Minimum of five years of relevant environmental consulting experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management (i.e., budgeting, cost and scope control) and the leadership and supervision of project teams
- Effective technical writing skills, including report and proposal preparation
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Superior problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are ready to deliver within a diverse and thriving team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: September 15, 2021
Competition Reference: PMR-0821
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.