New job Project Manager in Ontario
Company : SickKids
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
The Project Manager will work closely with leadership group of the Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine to plan and manage overall Department function, reporting, and strategic initiatives. This includes planning and execution of short- and long-term projects, managing aspects of day-to-day operations, and the development of new ideas. In addition, they will manage personnel on the project teams, variably composed of clinical and non-clinical staff. The successful candidate will develop close working relationships with the medical and health care professional staff, creating reports that reflect departmental function and creating initiatives that address needs areas.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Lead in the preparation of project work plans, budgets, and performance frameworks, ensuring that requirements, risks, potential obstacles, and outcomes are clearly understood and incorporated, ultimately ensuring deliverables are achieved on schedule and on budget.
- Collaborate with staff at SickKids and partner organization(s) to achieve project deliverables and ensure collaborative working relationships
- Report on project progress through the development of narrative /technical reports, briefing notes, and presentations
- Oversee and coordinate procurement of services and goods for project activities
- Encourage and foster collaborative relationships with the healthcare team at SickKids, other participating centres and government and community agencies
- Actively participate in departmental/program meetings or rounds to acquire and disseminate knowledge and to profile projects
Candidates should demonstrate:
- An ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage activities both for self and for others
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to plan, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work confidently under pressure
- Self-directed and innovative behavior, with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong writing, facilitation, and presentation skills. Grant writing is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of project management processes and the project management life cycle and expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point)
Here's What You'll Need:
- Related work experience in project management and implementation of projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or in progress is an asset
- Three to five years of experience working in a complex hospital environment is preferred
- Excellent data analytic and data management skills particularly in healthcare an asset
- Demonstrated capacity to prepare data driven reports, presentations
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple data management/report building applications within a health care context
- Exemplary communication, organization, facilitation, collaboration, and relationship management skills are essential
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of computer applications such as Office 365 (inclusive of Excel); knowledge of other business and healthcare applications an asset
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work in a highly accountable, measurement informed environment
Employment Type: Full-time
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document of 20 pages or less as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email email@example.com to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.