New job Project Coordinator Women in Resource Development in St. John's, NL Yesterday New! in Newfoundland and Labrador
Project Coordinator Women in Resource Development in St. John's, NL Yesterday New!
Company : Women in Resource Development
Salary : $43,000 - $49,000 a year
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Women in Resource Development Corporation (WRDC) is a provincial non-profit organization committed to increasing women's participation in trades and technology. With private and public funding, WRDC offers a variety of programs and services to address the challenges surrounding the attraction, recruitment, retention, and advancement of women in these sectors. Over the past 20 years, WRDC has positioned itself as a key partner for advancing gender equity in the workplace. Our charitable arm, the Educational Resource Centre (ERC), was created in 2002 to provide hands-on learning and career exploration opportunities for younger women and girls in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Reporting to the Director, Research & Evaluation, the Project Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the completion of projects while ensuring the goals and objectives specified for the program are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. The project coordinator will build and maintain a network of professionals to ensure support and collaboration. The Project Coordinator must be able to work with tight deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining, monitoring, and adhering to project work plans and project schedules
- Creating and utilizing a project management calendar for fulfilling project goals and objectives
- Developing project strategies
- Ensuring project documentation is maintained according to organizational policies and procedures
- Scheduling, organizing, and facilitating stakeholder meetings as appropriate
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Distributing minutes and other project documents to project team members
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Assessing project risks and providing solutions where applicable
- Ensuring all stakeholder views are managed
- Preparing project reports as required
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Providing administrative support as required
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline, such as education, social sciences, or women's studies is required
- Related experience in the not-for-profit sector and demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs, including program development, coordination, and delivery
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities/projects and producing results within deadline
- Highly sophisticated communication skills (oral & written): ability to establish contacts and build long term relationships; work collaboratively with businesses, industry associations, government, education institutions, and community organizations
- High degree of computer literacy and advanced working knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional organizational skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision is required
- High regard for quality, accuracy, attention to detail and flexibility to meet workload demands required
- Experience in workshop facilitation and presenting is required
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
- Must be comfortable working virtually (meetings, training, remote work)
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve in dynamic situations
- Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon employment and every two years there after
- Primarily 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday; some flexibility is required
- Some travel may be required for this role. Travel expenses will be covered in accordance with WRDC policies.
- A combination of in-office, remote, autonomous and/or team environment.
Salary Range: $43,000 - $49,000. WRDC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org