New job Principal Engineer in Saskatchewan
Company : Fabric Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Remote
Employment Type: Full-time, Remote
Start Date: ASAP
Who we are:
Fabric is a modern commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create world-class shopping experiences for mid-market enterprises. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Amazon, Staples, Google and eBay. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your next career:
The Principal Engineer, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for Fabric new eCommerce platform. The successful candidate will have experience being a technical lead for the organization, while being a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Other key factors are strong communication skills, self-direction, and solid problem-solving skills with a focus on delivering innovative platform solutions.
- Own project goals, objectives, and budgets for key products – building discipline around tracking progress and iterating to improve product performance.
- Evaluates, prioritizes and leads decisions regarding architecture, design, tools, and technologies based on product requirements, team skills, and maintenance
- Lead a group of software developers and execute on a strategic systems and applications roadmap deliverables
Diagnose, design, develop and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
- Actively work with Senior Engineers and Data Leads and Product stakeholders to ensure that the organization's best practices are being developed and followed
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale projects.
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
- Proven track record of making good technical judgement.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly organized individual
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Prior experience as a mentor/tech lead to mentor junior engineers and develop products at scale
- Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience development of large scale consumer-facing micro-services solutions..
- Experience building server-less solutions is highly-preferred
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
- Fabric is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.