New job Manager of Correctional Operations in Saskatchewan
Manager of Correctional Operations
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,283 - $8,166 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
Manager of Correctional Operations - HUM010824
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location(s): SK-North West-North Battleford
Ministry: 073 Corrections Policing and Public Safety
Salary Range: $6,283 - $8,166 Monthly
The Ministry of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety - Custody, Supervision and Rehabilitative Services - is seeking a proven leader to manage front-line correctional employees in a 24/7 correctional facility for adults within the Saskatchewan Hospital North Battleford providing and delivering correctional services and programs in an integrated multi-disciplinary model/partnership with the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
This Manager position is one of six in the facility that provides leadership to employees integrating mental health and addictions services and programs with a focus on therapeutic mental health within a dual-functioning environment.
- manage correctional staff (human resources practices/policies);
- manage and oversee correctional business operations and administrative functions;
- manage and oversee the safety and security of the entire building, admissions area, and the Operational Security Centre (OSC);
- implement, interpret, educate, train, and adhere to all core correctional programs, policies, processes and relevant legislations, regulations and acts; and
- manage compliance and accountability to policies and procedures, mandates and programs inclusive of local and provincial legislative authorities.
As the Manager of Correctional Operations, you will have the demonstrated ability to be honest and reliable, treat everyone with dignity and respect, be committed to the pursuit of excellence, exhibit leadership and professionalism, embrace diversity and equality, and be responsible and accountable.
To be successful: You will have knowledge of and experience in supervisory/managerial duties and responsibilities, The Correctional Services Act and Regulations, Corrections key challenges and strategies; policies, procedures and programs; criminogenic factors and their relationship to offender case management; and knowledge of human behaviours, interpersonal communications and counseling methodologies within an institutional corrections environment.
Typically, the experience and knowledge required to achieve the above is obtained through a degree in the social sciences or equivalent, with supervisory/managerial experience in an institutional corrections environment.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO), and other type of leave;
- A competitive salary;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension; and
- Advancement opportunities.
To learn more about Corrections in Saskatchewan, go to www.justice.gov.sk.ca/Corrections-and-Policing/.
To learn more about the Ministry of Justice, go to www.justice.gov.sk.ca/.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: M - Monthly Out of Scope
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Sep 17, 2021, 12:59:00 AM