New job Low Carbon Fleet Program Coordinator in British Columbia
Low Carbon Fleet Program Coordinator
Company : BC Transit
Salary : $5,158 - $6,204 a month
Location : British Columbia
What you’ll be doing…
We love that our head office is in Victoria and we bet you do too! We are happy you have decided to explore a career with BC Transit, this is a great city to work and live in. We are passionate about helping reduce congestion in the city and providing a public service to everyone in BC (outside of Metro Vancouver).
It is an exciting time for BC Transit, as we have embarked on an ambitious program in alignment with Clean BC, to transition our transit fleet of over 1,000 vehicles to low carbon technology including zero emission buses and utilization of alternative fuel technology.
We also have innovative new bus lanes being installed from Colwood to Downtown in both directions, real time GPS being installed in the full fleet across the province and we are beginning to explore mobile payment options among other things. It is an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we are looking for fun, creative, passionate people to join our amazing team. Not only would you work with an incredible team, you would also receive great benefits and a pension plan to boot. Keep reading to find out if this role makes you feel excited to come to work each day!
As the successful candidate, you will get the chance to support the Low Carbon Fleet Program Director and Program Managers throughout program development and implementation of projects to ensure achievement of low carbon fleet objectives, scope, budgets, schedules and quality standards requirements. You will provide a wide range of support from business, administrative, and communications support to advance the deliverables of the programs which are high-profile, complex and multifaceted in nature. Collaboration will be key in this role!
You will be a key member of the low carbon fleet program and demonstrate passion and excitement about achieving greenhouse gas reduction targets through new technology deployment. This role requires someone who is highly organized, adaptable and able to prioritize tasks in a deadline driven environment.
Some specifics include…
- Provides support in program development, planning, and coordinating work within the low carbon fleet team and across the organization.
- Ensures regular program communication touchpoints and strong engagement between the low carbon fleet program and the various departments in BC Transit.
- Supports activities related to gathering business requirements, supporting change management, identifying potential issues, and developing solutions within: Transit System Operations and Maintenance, Safety and Training, Infrastructure, Information Technology and Systems, Fleet Management, Supply Services and Corporate Communication and Marketing
- Fosters effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Supports financial administration of the program and/or projects such as creating, tracking and monitoring purchase orders, invoicing, work orders, expense reports, and time on task and supporting financial reporting and forecasts
- Provides support coordinating and updating policies, procedures, guidelines and standard practices, manuals, reports, executive level briefing notes, presentations, key messages, FAQs, webpages and other communication for internal and external stakeholders as required
- Provides administrative, business, and communication support throughout the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling and close out phase of each project
- Provides support coordinating and administering meeting schedules, agendas, minutes, action logs, shared documents and monitoring other deliverables to support the meeting
- Maintains information resources and references with up to date context on the low carbon fleet and associated technology, to support communications and stakeholders within BC Transit
- Ensures program folders and documentation is managed, organized and stored in alignment with Records Management policies and procedures.
- Supports information requests from the Ministry, media and Freedom of Information and Privacy requests by obtaining required information in a timely manner.
- Occasional travel within BC may be required for this position
What we’ll bring to the table…
- Life Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Vacation (based on the terms outlined in the appropriate collective agreement or exempt policy handbook)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Spending account
- Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots
- A complimentary BC Transit bus pass, plus taxable dependent passes
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee Recognition Program – Recognizing Excellent Values (REV)
Everything else you need to know…
- The position requires the competition of a Criminal Record Check
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies
- If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you
- Testing will be sent out as part of this competitive process
What education and experience will you need to be successful?
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum three (3) years’ of proven program and/or project experience with transferable scope, scale and complexity is a requirement of this position
- Preference is for certification(s) related to program management and/or project management
- Experience supporting programs or projects in a public sector or government environment considered an asset
- Experience working with technology and infrastructure, particularly with elements of change management, would be considered an asset