New job Lighting Designer, Buildings in British Columbia
Lighting Designer, Buildings
Company : WSP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
While 2020 was a challenging year for everyone, we are excited by our outlook in 2021 and beyond. WSP’s Buildings Mechanical & Electrical Team is currently looking for a Lighting Designer or Electrical Engineer (EIT will also be considered) with an interest in lighting for our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Lighting Team Lead within the Mechanical & Electrical group; the successful candidate will be a creative force, who loves to play a key role in delivering cutting-edge Lighting Design projects for a range of industry clients including Healthcare, Commercial, Transportation, Educational, Entertainment & Recreation, Government & Cultural Buildings.
- Produce creative lighting concepts from proposal to detail design stage, including lighting layouts and design details, prepare specifications and luminaire schedules, build mock-ups, prepare sketch design proposals and liaise with architects, interior designers, and equipment suppliers;
- Produce accurate, efficient, creative and coordinated lighting design utilizing internal and external sources;
- Conduct ongoing analyses of fixture packages to identify opportunities and provide suggestions for optimal product and pricing selections;
- Interfacing with clients and stakeholders and understand their needs and provide technical solutions on the projects;
- Keeping up to date with industry developments with respect to own discipline, other disciplines and engineering innovations and developments on a global scale;
- Ensuring projects are delivered in accordance with company and client quality requirements;
- Attend design and site meetings, and produce technical reports;
- Other duties as assigned by discipline manager;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Lighting Design, or Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience designing lighting systems including lighting controls for buildings.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, BIM/Revit, AGi32, Photoshop and 3D software;
- Proficient with lighting calculations and renderings utilizing lighting modelling software;
- Complete understanding of Building Codes and Standards, including but not limited to British Columbia Building Code (BCBC), IESNA, ASHRAE/IES 90.1, NECB, etc.;
- Knowledge of the architectural and engineering design process;
- Extensive knowledge of Lighting products and control system;
- Experience with creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- A “can do” attitude, able to work in a team environment
- Good initiative, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.