New job Laundry Worker / Covid Screener. in British Columbia
Laundry Worker / Covid Screener.
Company : Carecorp Seniors Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
We are looking for highly motivated, organized individuals who are seeking an opportunity to contribute to the senior community!
We currently have a casual laundry aide / covid screener position at one of our beautiful long term care facilities.
Facility address: Dania Care Home - 4517 Norland Avenue, Burnaby, V5G 3S7.
Hourly rate: Laundry aide ($22.58) Covid screener ($18.98)
Responsibilities (Laundry Aide):
- Sort and wash laundry using approved methods, chemicals and protective equipment.
- Dry laundry using commercial dryers.
- Fold laundry and sort to respective carts.
- Wash, sort and re-distribute all personal laundry.
- Maintain a tidy and safe work area.
- Check temperature of staff prior to their shift.
- Fill out our covid screener assessment form for each member of staff.
- Provide masks to staff prior to their shift.
Qualifications and Skill:
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- WHIMS certificate.
- Pervious experience in long-term care (preferred).
To mitigate the risk COVID-19 transmission among persons in our care, patients, residents and staff, an order under the Public Health Act was enacted to limit movement of staff between long-term care facilities. While this order is in place, staff are limited to working in only one (1) private long-term care hospital (facility), licensed long-term care facility, registered assisted living facility, stand-alone extended care hospital, or provincial mental health facility.
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, the [Employer] shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.