New job Lands Officer (Anticipatory) & Intergovernmental Affairs Officer in Yukon
Lands Officer (Anticipatory) & Intergovernmental Affairs Officer
Company : Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
Salary : $85,476 - $92,412 a year
Location : Yukon
$85,476 to $92,412 (plus an Isolated Post Allowance)
For further information on the organization, please visit Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
For information on Winter in the Yukon
and Summer in the Yukon
Closing date: 15 September 2021 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
If so, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC) wants YOU to be a part of our team!
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC) continues to renew the nation-to-nation, Inuit-Crown, government-to-government relationship between Canada and First Nations, Inuit and Métis; modernize Government of Canada structures to enable Indigenous peoples to build capacity and support their vision of self-determination; and lead the Government of Canada's work in the North.
This work will appeal to you if:
- You enjoy working with and helping others;
- You are looking for a workplace that is both stimulating and supportive; and
- You want to be part of a team that supports the mandate of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada.
CIRNAC provides you with the tools you need to develop valuable skills that will promote your future success, with opportunities to achieve organizational, professional and personal goals in a respectful and inclusive workplace, mobilized and supported by leadership at all levels.
The Federal Public Service offers competitive rates of pay, benefits, pension packages and flexible work schedules that promote work-life balance. Pension For more information on pensions and insurance benefit visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/pension-plan/prospective-members.html and https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/benefit-plans/prospective-employees-public-service-group-insurance-benefit-plan-members.html.
For more information on what the Government of Canada has to offer as an employer, read the Top 10 Reasons to Join Canada’s Public Service!
Intent of the process
A pool of candidates may be established to staff similar or identical position at Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC) or other federal departments and agencies located in Whitehorse, Yukon. Conditions of employment may vary according to the position to be staffed.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Concrete and detailed examples to demonstrate how you meet the qualifications;
- Where, when and how the experience was acquired.
- Graduation with the minimum of a diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with a relevant specialization OR an acceptable combination of education, training and experience defined as some post-secondary education and/or training and depth and breadth of experience that would normally be acquired over two (2) years working in a relevant field.
- Experience in providing advice and recommendations to management.
- Experience leading projects or initiatives.
- Experience working in collaboration with Indigenous governments or organizations.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of Indigenous and northern issues.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations.
- Demonstrates integrity.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Experience working in program delivery.
- Experience working in northern or cross-cultural environments.
- Experience developing correspondence and formal briefings for senior management.
- Experience working on Indigenous, Territorial, Provincial or Federal land administration and/or management (Lands Officer position only).
Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada is committed to having a skilled and diversified workforce representative of the population we serve. In support of our strategy to achieve our employment equity goals, selection may be limited to candidates self-identifying as belonging to one of the following Employment Equity groups (self-declaration): Women, Aboriginal Persons, Visible Minorities and Persons with Disability.
- Willing and able to work overtime on short notice, when required.
- Willing and able to travel, when required.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
**The incumbent and his/her dependents (including incumbent’s spouse or common-law partner and children) may be required to obtain Health Canada medical clearance in accordance with the Isolated Post and Government Housing Directive.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.