New job Intermediate Procurement Specialist - Local 28 in Nova Scotia
Intermediate Procurement Specialist - Local 28
Company : Irving Shipbuilding
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
INTERMEDIATE PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST – UNIFOR LOCAL 28
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding has a proud history as Canada's shipbuilder. A proud member of the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies, we have been building quality vessels and fabricated modules for more than 50 years, and our Halifax Shipyard has been at the forefront of Canadian shipbuilding for 130 years.
Since 2012, we have invested more than $400 million in facilities, people, processes, and technology, making Halifax Shipyard one of the most modern and capable shipyards in North America. Over the next 30 years our shipbuilders will construct 20+ modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of Canada's National Shipbuilding Strategy, the largest defence procurement in Canadian history. In 2020, we delivered the lead Arctic and Offshore Patrol Ship, the largest Navy ship built in Canada in 50 years and we're just getting started as our second ship, the Margaret Brooke was just recently delivered to the Canadian Navy.
We're growing our team with career-defining opportunities that will revitalize Canada's shipbuilding industry and provide Canada's sailors with the ships they need to protect Canada's interests at home and abroad. Our workforce of over 2,000 will grow to more than 2,800 at peak construction of the Canadian Surface Combatants. We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on the ships, including the Halifax-class frigates.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking an Intermediate Procurement Specialist - Unifor Local 28. This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English.
- University Degree in an Engineering, Business or related subject, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in the shipbuilding industry in a supply chain or engineering function Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be an asset
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Previous exposure to market analytics and insights
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Supplier management including:
- Develop and improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Issue POs for material
- Contract management including:
- Negotiate contracts and long-term agreements
- Execution of negotiated contract through ISI’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems.
- Provide advice on contractual claims
- Integrated sourcing initiatives including:
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity)
- Continuous improvement including:
- Support new product introduction activities
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes
- Undertake cost analysis for direct material and services
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ+ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs;
- RRSP matching program;
- Health & Wellness reimbursements;
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development;
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.