New job Intermediate Electrical Engineer, Buildings in Newfoundland and Labrador
Intermediate Electrical Engineer, Buildings
Company : Stantec
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Intermediate Electrical Engineer, Buildings - ( 2100024L )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our St. John’s, NL office is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our growing, multi-disciplinary team.
Your Key Responsibilities
As an Electrical Engineer, you will develop electrical systems designed to meet the unique needs of a diverse range of projects including government, commercial and industrial. Taking a project from initial concept to completion, you will be responsible to work with a client to determine their needs and will research, prepare, and present design options, and effectively delegate work to other members of the team. You will manage project schedules and budgets, identifying and working through any project issues as they arise and keeping the client informed at every step of the way. Keeping on top of current technologies and trends as they apply to particular projects or markets, you will act as a mentor to junior staff continually strengthening the collective capabilities of the team.
Specific duties include:
- Applies strong technical design skills to produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- Serves as a trainer and resource for more junior level staff.
- Handles design development and document preparation in written and computer-aided design formats.
- Collaborates with multi-discipline project managers.
- Effectively delegates and manages work to other members of our team while working with more senior staff.
- Supports project requirements including proposals, options analysis narratives, engineering and capital cost estimates, drawing documentation, systems design and technical specifications.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with applicable regulations.
- Interacts regularly with key clients and project stakeholders.
- Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications.
- Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards.
- Expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to prepare and review detailed designs.
- Experience with NMS specifications would be an asset.
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, and mechanical disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards including CEC, National Building Code of Canada, C282 Emergency Generators, NFPA20 Fire Pumps, ULC S-524 Fire Alarms, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate a credible and trustworthy presence through professionalism, demeanor, and technical knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present accurate, professionally written reports and recommendations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to support the tender and construction phases of a project through RFIs, shop drawings, site instructions, scope changes, reporting, etc. would be an asset.
- Proven ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects.
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering, plus 5 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
Registered Professional Engineer with PEGNL, or eligible for full membership with this Association.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Job : Electrical Engineer
Organization : BC-1334 Buildings-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 31, 2021, 2:17:35 PM
Req ID: 2100024L
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans