New job Innovation Cell in Ontario
Company : General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
Delivering an exceptional Customer experience in this position looks like:
Understand our customer – Empathize with our customer and understand their missions, needs, environments and challenges – Go deep!
Be creative, innovative, business astute – Apply creative thinking techniques and mind-set to identify the new-unique-different and get to the best actionable game-changing solutions
Self-direct & navigate the ambiguous - Be self-directed and embrace working outside of your comfort-zone to effectively navigate the ambiguities of the "fuzzy front-end"
Be driven and passionate – Exude a “can do / will do / just do it” spirit that adapts and pushes through project demands, set-backs, challenges – Dig deep!
Be technically capable, forward-looking, broad & deep – Understand, embrace and apply state-of-the-art technical solutions & thinking; apply technical depth, exploration and rigor
Plan & Execute – Effective prioritization, planning, hands-innovation, complex problem solving, adaptability, communication, decision-making at the lowest level, effectively balance competing factors (technical, cost, schedule, alternative approaches) – Make it real!
- Brain-storm, facilitate, and generate creative new and innovative technical features, products, businesses and concepts
- Research, seek-out and identify opportunities, analyze, synthesize, develop plans in an ambiguous environment
- Elaborate on and communicate concepts, underlying principles, features-benefits-advantages, and business cases
- Apply technical skill to define, refine, analyze, prototype, experiment and develop concepts and assess their feasibility
- Plan, Budget, Admin Prep/Control/Manage, and Execute Innovation Projects
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Managemnt, technical suppliers, incubators/accelerators, academic research partners, and military customers
- Hands-on build/test, integration, problem solving, demonstration of new technical innovations to customers
- Research, plan and write technical/scientific proposals to secure government funding for developments
- Lead work-shops, training, military customer and inter-departmental out-reach activities
- Foster an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration within team
- Help to champion and build an innovation culture across the company
- BEng/BSc in relevant discipline and 4+ years experience (or equivalent in training and experience)
- Breadth and depth in relevant technical fields
- Demonstrated creativity, open-mindedness and business acumen
- Ability to think strategically and execute effectively to achieve short and long-term goals
- Proven ability to plan, project manage and execute technical projects
- Demonstrated strong hands-on innovation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong self-direction, collaboration and networking skills
- Strong research, and oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, be agile, multi-task and focus
- Strong LAV product, and GDLS-C customer and markets knowledge
- Ability to travel 10% and ability to possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Eligibility to obtain Canadian Security Clearance
- Advanced (relevant technical and/or business) university degree, or specialty training
- Experience with GDLS-C Independent Research & Development practices, processes, considerations
- Strong technical knowledge of defence systems and new/emerging technologies
- Expertise in C5/Networks/Connectivity/Battle Management, robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and/or programming skills
- Direct military customer-facing out-reach and interaction experience
- Knowledge of military operations, customer needs/missions/priorities, and geo-political awareness
- Strong technical/scientific proposal research, planning, costing and writing skills
- Formal training and practical experience in concept generation & selection tools & techniques
- Ability to travel 25%
- Currently hold Level II (Secret) Security Clearance
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.