New job Host/Private Dining Liasion - Auberge du Pommier in Ontario
Host/Private Dining Liasion - Auberge du Pommier
Company : Auberge du Pommier
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Auberge du Pommier, the original jewel in the Oliver & Bonacini crown, has been serving Toronto diners since 1987. Constructed around the rustic vestiges of two 1860's woodcutters' cottages, this exquisite French restaurant offers modern French cuisine, inspired service and a 500 label wine selection. Enjoyment of seasonal menus are enhanced by cozy wood burning fireplaces in winter and lush, floral terraces in the summer. Weddings at Auberge du Pommier are breathtakingly beautiful.
*Please note, this is primarily a day time position*
Under the direction of the Front of House Management Team, our Hosts create a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting. They maintain an efficient and organized restaurant through managing guest flow, maximizing seating capacity and communicating with all employees. Hosts leave a lasting impression with all guests through their professionalism and attention to detail.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity.
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant.
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly.
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in Open Table.
- Develop a briefing sheet before each shift that will inform co-workers of shows/concerts, special events and NBs.
- Possess a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (location, surroundings, nearby attractions, directions, etc.).
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter and debris.
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section.
- Fill out detailed special request forms for birthdays, anniversaries, NBs, etc. and ensure that all co-workers are informed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the washrooms by completing checks regularly throughout shift.
- Follow all food safety standards and systems.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
A Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality or in pursuit of desirable
- High attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service, restaurant experience considered an asset
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **