New job Financial Analyst in Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $32.76 - $41.04 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Finance is responsible for oversight of government revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities. The Finance and Operations Branch, within the Corporate Services Division of the Ministry, provides financial, accounting and administrative services for the Ministry and several other associated entities.
The Finance and Operations Branch is seeking innovative and highly motivated team players, with superior financial, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills for two Financial Analyst positions.
Duties of these positions include (but are not limited to):
- The settlement and accounting functions of the treasury management activities and transactions of the Province;
- Servicing, recording and reporting of public debt and sinking funds of the Province;
- Operations, accounting and reporting for the Municipal Financing Corporation;
- Accounting, financial reporting, forecasting and analysis for the Ministry of Finance;
- Provision of financial and administrative services to external clients;
- The Ministry’s revenue, expense and FTE forecasting processes, including the review and analysis of forecasts prepared by others; and
- Ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, policies and applicable legislation.
The successful candidates will have extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles; government financial planning and forecasting processes; settlement practices for capital market transactions, along with outstanding analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
Typically, knowledge for this position is gained through the successful completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma in Commerce or Business Administration, with a major in accounting. Completion of, or current enrollment in, the CPA program and related relevant experience would be considered an asset. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will also be considered
This competition may also be used to staff current and future term opportunities.
What we have to offer you
The Ministry of Finance offers an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity and provides an opportunity for you to influence public policy issues in Saskatchewan and Canada. In addition, the Saskatchewan public service offers a number of attractive employment advantages.