New job Environmental Scientist in Saskatchewan
Company : Triton Environmental Consultants LTD.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to build a meaningful career in the environmental field? Do you want to work with a dynamic team of professionals striving to make a difference in all they do? Do you want to participate in Western Canada’s most exciting development projects? Do you want to do what you love in some of the most beautiful parts of the country? If so, look no further.
Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (Triton) is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to join a well-established team of environmental professionals at one of our prairie office locations (Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie or Regina) to fill the position of Environmental Scientist.
We are an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. What does that mean for you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture.
We will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer competitive wage and benefits packages.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading soil, groundwater, reclamation and remediation-related field programs and providing technical support to project managers. Responsibilities include:
- Leading pre-development soil assessments, phased environmental site assessment, and reclamation/remediation field programs
- Contributing specialist expertise to multi-disciplinary projects
- Writing high-quality reports, cost estimates, and proposals
- Providing technical leadership within a team environment
- Liaising with other partners, clients, regulators, contractors, and sub-contractors
- Leading technical teams to support the quality, cost, and timeliness of deliverables
- Providing mentorship and training for our environmental professional team
- Ensuring clients and Triton’s safety standards are maintained or exceeded
- Working collaboratively within Triton corporate culture
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree (B.Sc.) in soil science, environmental science, earth sciences, or related field.
- Registered or eligibility to be registered with the Alberta and/or Saskatchewan Institute of Agrologists (AIA), Alberta Society of Professional Biologists (ASPB), or another relevant professional organization.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in the environmental industry
- Knowledge and experience with soil classification and mapping using the Canadian System of Soil Classification
- Experience with Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments, Groundwater Monitoring Programs, Remediation, Reclamation Detailed Site Assessments, and/or Reclamation Certificate Applications
- Experience with regulatory guidelines in AB and SK jurisdictions
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
- Experience operating off-highway vehicles
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: September 10, 2021
Competition Reference: ESP-0821
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.