New job Engineer, Process in Alberta
Company : Canadian Natural
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Engineer, Process- (2111482)
Are you looking for an opportunity to directly impact plant performance and ultimately company profitability? At Horizon Oil Sands, within Bitumen Production, the Process Engineer, will provide technical expertise for the optimal & continuous operation and improvement of the extraction facilities. To maximize and optimize results aligned with business unit goals in terms of cost, quality or efficiency, the Process Engineer will work with value stream leadership to generate solutions in alignment with sound engineering principles following Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Coordinating execution of approved test plans with buy in from operations & other stakeholders and completion of subsequent statistical analysis of results
- Working with Operations and Production Engineers to evaluate and resolve systemic issues impacting plant adherence to product specifications
- Creating, updating and championing implementation of control plans to ensure desired performance is sustained long term
- Champion the Management of Change process and take an active role in risk assessments, what-if studies or HazOps required to implement any modifications to existing plant design, control philosophy or operating practices
- Conducting case study process calculations and simulations to predict performance outside of regular operating window
- Acting as cross business unit or cross discipline liaison to provide process input and/or data to facilities, reliability, major projects and other Horizon value streams
- Job location: Horizon Oil Sands - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Company sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out from Calgary and Edmonton
- Shift schedule: 4x3 – 4 days on, 3 days off
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Eligible for relocation to Calgary or Edmonton or Fort McMurray
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Four years of related industry experience as Process, Production or Plant Engineer
- BSc or MSc degree in Engineering registered with APEGA
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to audience with varied levels of technical background
- Proven track record in problem solving and creative thinking
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural’ - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is September 29, 2021. Apply now!