New job Education Casual in Saskatchewan
Company : Ranch Ehrlo Society
Salary : $18.57 - $21.53 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Location: Education Vocational, Regina, SK Position: Casual Posting Closing Date: September 24, 2021
Ranch Ehrlo's Vocational program is seeking for qualified individuals to fill three open Education Casual positions.
The Education Casual provides educational and vocational support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues. The Education Casual provides supervision, training, academic support, care, and role-modelling to participants, guiding educational and vocational routines while implementing behavioural and life skill strategies. The Education Casual assists the participants in meeting their individual and educational/vocational goals.
Education and Professional Certification
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- An educational assistant or youth care worker certificate or diploma, or certificate, diploma, or degree in a related field of study is an asset.
- Up to one (1) year of experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges.
- Experience as an educational assistant, job coach, or youth care worker is an asset.
Skills and Characteristics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships.
- Ability to lead through motivation, role-modelling, and support.
- Outgoing personality with interests that can be used to engage participants (i.e. outdoors, arts, sports, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to set clear, attainable goals.
- Ability to adapt to new situations.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supervision, care, and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues.
- Supervise and engage with participants in a safe and structured environment.
- Assist in the implementation of individual educational/vocational plans and programming.
- Train, support, and supervise participant work crews on the work site (vocational).
- Teach participants life skills such as self care, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and positive behaviours (vocational).
- Resolve conflicts and respond to crisis situations in a calm and patient manner. Identify potential triggers, recognize escalating behaviours, and de-escalate the situation safely and effectively.
- Administer medications to participants when required.
- Transport participants as required.
- Document all incidents and updates such as; critical incidents, medication administration, and any other work site, classroom, or participant updates. Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Communicate with the multidisciplinary team when required.
Management of Resources
- Ensure mileage log is completed accurately when agency vehicle is used.
- Ensure care, cleanliness, and maintenance of assigned assets and resources including; building(s), vehicles(s), furnishings, and equipment.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
Education Casuals are required to work a minimum of two (2) shifts in a four (4) week period. Availability and contact information must be kept up-to-date in the agency time and attendance system.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
Hourly wage for this position is $18.57 to $21.53 depending on education and experience.
If you have any question, please contact John Fraser @ 306-536-7629.