New job Director of Compliance – Private Alternative Investments in Quebec
Director of Compliance – Private Alternative Investments
Company : Fiera Capital
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Why join Fiera Capital:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Head of Compliance - Canada, the Director of Compliance – Private Alternative Investments will be responsible for enhancing and executing a global compliance framework for Fiera Private Alternative Investments. Partnering with Fiera Capital’s broader global compliance and legal teams, the successful candidate will support multiple alternative investment teams to ensure that they meet compliance and conduct obligations, industry practices and client expectations.
- Lead or support projects, including implementation, related to global and/or regional strategic initiatives and priorities;
- Draft, review and/or implement policies, procedures and processes to help ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and industry practices, including registration requirements in connection with fund formation and capital raising activities;
- Implement compliance programs/control frameworks relevant to compliance and conduct risks and requirements pertaining to alternative investments, including with respect to personal account dealing, trading restrictions, anti-money laundering & anti-terrorism screening and risk assessment, KYC, conduct management, conflicts of interest, reporting obligations, fund-level documentation, approval and document execution practices, material non-public information, and external communication such as marketing materials, websites, press releases and investor reporting;
- Develop and/or execute periodic testing and oversight of investment team activities;
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of compliance training and education programs;
- Partner with global legal and compliance colleagues, businesses, and other control functions to understand opportunities and create solutions to appropriately navigate potential and actual risks;
- Prepare and present management information reporting;
- Provide timely responses to inquiries and requests from clients and business partners.
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related discipline (accounting, legal, finance, administration, etc.);
- Related securities and asset management industry courses;
- Minimum eight years of applicable asset management compliance, consulting or regulatory experience;
- Demonstrable track record of supporting compliance frameworks related to alternative asset class investing with proficient understanding of one or more of the following asset classes: real estate, infrastructure, private debt, private equity and agriculture;
- Prior experience drafting and implementing compliance policies and procedures;
- Organizational skills and proven ability to manage simultaneous priorities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with peers, colleagues and with remote based teams with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Team player with a positive outlook and flexibility to fluidly handle change;
- Ability to focus on details without losing sight of bigger picture strategy;
- Strong desire to be part of a, fast-paced, growing organization;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
The use of masculine is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both women and men.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.