New job Director in Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $98,670 - $117,866 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Treasury Division is a separate entity placed under the management of an Assistant Deputy Minister due to the need to place greater emphasis on the management and servicing of substantial amounts of money, debt, investments and derivative instruments requiring special expertise in these complex areas. The Treasury Division manages and administers the cash resources, borrowing programs and all investment and borrowing management activities of the government and for all of its crown corporations and government agencies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation or a recognized financial industry related designation such as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is preferred. A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Progressively responsible executive management experience in banking or related industries.
- Financial and analytical skills related to various classes of interest rate products such as loans, investments and derivatives.
- Understanding of global capital markets, derivative and hedging strategies, risk management and banking.
- Experience in the pricing and execution of borrowing, investing and derivative transactions.
- Ability to analyse information, risks and make independent decisions on critical issues.
- Knowledge of information technology, spreadsheet applications and market related technology (e.g. Bloomberg) as they relate to funding and investment requirements.
- Ability to manage for results with an emphasis on strategic performance, financial responsibility and culture.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Written communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Verbal communication skills with the ability to handle difficult and sensitive conversations.
The Director of Capital Markets is accountable for determining and managing the Province's long term capital borrowing program which includes general government net budgetary requirements as well as crown corporations, government agencies and other loan program borrowing requirements. The position is responsible for the formulation and implementation of programs and procedures to ensure that the Province is prepared at all times to take advantage of financing opportunities available in capital markets around the world and to ensure that all requirements of regulatory agencies are complied with.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.