New job Digital Videographer Intern in Nova Scotia
Digital Videographer Intern
Company : Halifax Public Libraries
Salary : $22 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Halifax Public Libraries invites EXTERNAL applications for the temporary, full-time position of Digital Videographer Intern with the Marketing and Communications team. This intern will work with all branches of Halifax Public Libraries with a primary work location of Alderney Gate Public Library.
The Government of Canada is investing in internship opportunities for youths aged 15-30, through Computers for Success Canada and the Computers for Schools Plus Interns program. This program offers opportunities for youth to develop expertise and skills needed to actively participate in the digital economy.
The program will prioritize employment diversity and inclusion considerations in the hiring process. Proactive consideration for participation should be given to Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), individuals who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+, persons with a disability, and official language minorities. We encourage all qualified persons to apply and self-identify. We accommodate applicant needs under the Nova Scotia Human Rights Act throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will confidentially address your needs.
The Digital Videographer Intern is responsible for assisting the Creative Lead and Marketing Specialist in the production of video content to increase and support engagement within the Library through digital platforms.
As the Digital Videographer Intern at Halifax Public Libraries, you will:
- Provide video coverage for Library events, programs, and activities.
- Work with Library staff to create engaging video content for multiple digital platforms.
- Assist Library staff in story development and provide guidance on producing high quality video content.
- Provide live streaming support to library programs.
- Flexibility to work special events including days, evenings and weekends as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team on additional library projects.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Completion of Grade Twelve (12) or equivalent and two (2) years of related experience (Related experience can include video content creation, social media monitoring and content creation, live streaming, and story development.)
- Read and write English
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to show good judgement, strong attention to detail, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Proven ability to shoot and edit video content (samples required).
- Awareness of current technology and trends
- Basic computer knowledge and skills, including:
- Functions of a web browser
- Microsoft office applications
- Social medial applications
- Intermediate technology skills, including:
- Willingness to learn and experiment with additional tools and technologies
- Willingness to support others in learning technical skills and concepts
- Advanced technology skills, including:
- Adobe suite applications including Premiere Pro
- Social media manager experience
- Fluency in a second language
OUR CORE VALUES ARE THE FOUNDATION OF SERVICE
- Curiosity and Initiative
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Continuous Improvement and forward thinking
Offers of employment are conditional upon an acceptable Criminal Record Check, which may include a Vulnerable Sector Search. Having a criminal record does not necessarily disqualify you. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of their background. Any questions regarding these requirements can be directed to HPLCareers@halifax.ca.
Who We Are
Community is at the heart of all that we do at Halifax Public Libraries. We serve the 430,000 residents of the Halifax region through our 14 branch libraries, online resources, and by reaching beyond our walls into our communities. The Library blends the best of traditional service with innovative programs, collections, spaces and technologies, attracting more than 3 million in-person visits each year. We are driven to achieve excellence in service, access, diversity and technology to create the best possible outcomes for our community.
All offers are conditional upon an acceptable criminal record check including a vulnerable sector search.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an interview or other form of testing and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs when contacted for an interview and/or testing.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Halifax Public Libraries, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is a designated position for individuals from the following group (s):
African Nova Scotian, Indigenous Persons, Persons with a disability, Other racially visible minorities, Other - please specify
Marketing & Communications Department
To be determined at time of hire.
Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Posting Close Date
Assignment Start Date
Assignment End Date
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations