New job Customs Entry Writer in Ontario
Customs Entry Writer
Company : C.H Robinson
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
The Customs Entry Writers within our Customs Brokerage department is responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance through Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Partner Government Agencies (PGA). The person in this role serves as a knowledgeable customer advocate, committed to providing excellent levels of customer service through subject matter expertise and strong sense of accountability and urgency. This role will further develop knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, refine customer service skills, utilize reporting tools, and possess an overall understanding of the supply chain process. The person in this role will ensure compliance and operational excellence representing both C.H. Robinson and our customers, with skills and expertise leading to further development within the organization.
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Demonstrate mastery with respect to the customs brokerage products’ standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices
- Analyze and validate import documentation and data to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations prior to entry submission to CBSA and Partner Government Agencies (PGA)
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for CBSA release of shipments
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation exists for all shipments
- Identify and resolve issues that could potentially result in delayed cargo release.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making skills and ability to prioritize tasks between daily responsibilities
- Demonstrate proactive, professional, clarity, and reliability to our peers and our customers through verbal and written language
- Serve as a CH Robinson customs representative for the customer account base, ensuring prompt response to customer inquiries and follow through on issues until resolution to customer satisfaction
- Begin to develop the skill to serve as a customs trusted advisor, transitioning from the day-to-day data entry fundamentals to true customs brokerage account management of CHR clients
- Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Gain awareness into customer specific standard operating procedures (SOP) and honor those commitments
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence with respect to on time performance, accuracy, and customer service
- Collaborate with support staff and modal departments to ensure import data integrity and compliance with customer SOP
- Understand and learn to leverage CHR’s network of departments, support teams and leadership.
- Ownership of Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases for customer account base to ensure full compliance of CBSA and customer requirements
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of customs entry-writing experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Logistics, or International Business
- Knowledge of Harmonized Tariff
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service skills and follow up to be utilized with customers and the network
- Proven track record of dealing with customers and being client focused
- Critical-thinking, flexibility, and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- Reputation for logical, methodical and expedient approach to problem resolution
- Refined written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
We offer excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, life insurance, a retirement plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a Fortune 500 company.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.