New job Cook (2 Positions) in Nunavut
Cook (2 Positions)
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $78,761 a year
Location : Nunavut
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is restricted to residents of Cambridge Bay only.
Reporting to the Manager Support Services, the Cook provides services for clients and staff within established guidelines, and according to the food safe standards for healthcare settings. The Cook interacts with staff and the general public on a daily basis and provides professional responses to inquiries, incidences or complaints, escalating to management is required.
The Cook provides service within the Facility and ensures the food production/reheating are done according to food safe practice guidelines as determined by the Food Safety Code of Practice for Canada’s Foodservice industry, as frontline staff for infection control. All employees must ensure that the principles of food safety, infection control and cross contamination are strictly adhere to.
The ideal candidate should have a Grade 8 education and one (1) year of Food Preparation experience; A willingness to obtain additional food service-related training, development and certification during the course of employment; and within three (3) months of employment must be willing to attain the Food Safe Certificate.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut, English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
The ability to communicate in Inuktitut/Inuinnaqtun is an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to HRKitikmeot@gov.nu.ca. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.