New job CAD Technician - Mechanical in Nova Scotia
CAD Technician - Mechanical
Company : Smith + Andersen
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
The Halifax office of Smith + Andersen is seeking an experienced Mechanical CAD Technician. You are qualified in contributing to the design of building services, such as HVAC, Plumbing & Drainage, and Fire Protection, and possess excellent AutoCAD drafting skills. You are a team player who is highly motivated with great communication skills. You will work under the direct supervision of a project engineer or designer and will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, commercial, residential, education, and many others.
Does this sound like you? If so, here are some of the more detailed responsibilities you can expect in this position:
- Adhere to company drafting standards.
- Perform assigned design tasks within a given time.
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups, and/or design of mechanical building systems.
- Verify AutoCAD drawings against sketches/markups to ensure accuracy of work.
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations for base building projects.
- Able to read and understand structural, architectural, and electrical design layouts.
- Develop pipe and duct layouts in co-ordination with the structural, architectural, and electrical components of a building.
- Capable of sizing/designing services in accordance with office standards and local codes.
- Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, etc.
- Any other tasks assigned by Project Managers required to assist in the completion of projects.
A few more qualifications which will help you with these responsibilities:
- College diploma from an architectural or mechanical building services program; or a related field with relevant work experience.
- One to five years of direct industry experience in mechanical building services.
- Knowledge and experience working with AutoCAD MEP 2015 or newer is required, with exposure to mechanical layouts and systems.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit 2017 or newer considered an asset.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office suites, specifically Word and Excel.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Highly innovative and motivated with an attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as contribute to the team.
For more information about Smith + Andersen, please visit our website at www.smithandandersen.com.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided to candidates upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process. Successful applicants will be advised of Smith + Andersen’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen is a trusted Canadian consulting engineering firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, London, Toronto, Ottawa, and Halifax. Founded in 1965, Smith + Andersen has organically grown from an established reputation as trusted mechanical and electrical consultants, reaching new levels of engineering and design excellence in the communications, security and audiovisual fields, and providing enhanced services such as lighting, building automation systems, and intelligent integrated systems design. Thanks to their client-focussed approach, Smith + Andersen is able to apply efficient, sustainable, and reliable design and engineering solutions on the most exciting projects across Canada. From fully-integrated hospitals and welcoming schools, to healthy workplaces and secure transit stations, their team has established lasting relationships with public and private sector clients across the country.