New job Branch Performance Analyst in Saskatchewan
Branch Performance Analyst
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $33.36 - $41.81 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Environment takes a team-based approach to protecting Saskatchewan’s environment for the wellbeing of the province, its people and its future. We use science-based solutions and environmental laws to help safeguard communities, and to protect our air, land, water and habitat. We are committed to high citizen and client satisfaction through workplace excellence, continuous improvement and innovation. Our leaders demonstrate the Government of Saskatchewan’s commitment to ensuring workplace health and safety.
The Ministry of Environment has a challenging and rewarding opportunity as the Branch Performance Analyst within the Planning, Policy and Protection Unit in the Forest Service Branch located in Prince Albert. The Branch Performance Analyst will be a part of our Branch Performance and Forest Licensing team that is responsible for internal systems functions as well as proponent forest licensing functions, supporting the sustainable development of Saskatchewan’s forests.
As the Branch Performance Analyst, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of the branch safety management and strategic planning systems by establishing safety key actions, setting internal standards, and monitoring and reporting on branch performance. Responsible to deliver and arrange safety training.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of branch directives, internal audits and risk assessments. Organize and monitor branch staff compliance with mandatory ministry training. Maintain databases that are used to demonstrate and support the branch in meeting forest management and program delivery values, objectives, key actions, including training needs and records.
- Assist in investigations of branch safety incidents (e.g. near misses and dangerous occurrences). Audit all incident reports and monitor to ensure follow up actions are completed. Prepare summaries of incidents and hazards for management review and for branch or ministry distribution.
- Collaborate with the branch Occupational Health & Safety Committee and working on safety initiatives as directed. Represent the branch on ministry safety committees.
- Administer the purchase, inventory and distribution of branch safety supplies and personal protective equipment. Responsible for processing approvals for reimbursements in accordance with the policy, managing contracts related to safety training and making authorized payment for goods and services.
- Coordinate branch and ministry staff to provide updates to the State of the Environment Forestry performance indicators for public reporting on the government website.
- Assist the Licensing Forester with: tracking timber allocation utilization; licensing obligation performance criteria for small business and larger forest companies within the provincial forest and crown agriculture lands; issuing term supply licences; compiling information and preparing documents for annual designates meetings and five-year area based licence reviews; and land withdrawal accounting.
The competencies required for this position would be obtained through a four-year bachelor of science degree in forestry, natural resources or environmental sciences with knowledge or experience of all phases of a forestry business (e.g. harvest, renewal, planning, manufacturing). The successful candidate must be eligible for membership with the Association of Saskatchewan Forestry Professionals within two years of commencement.
A current and valid driver's licence is required. Travel will be required for attendance of meetings or participating in field tours.
To learn more about the Ministry of Environment, click here.
The Government of Saskatchewan is committed to ensuring workplace health and safety. In our commitment to excellence we demonstrate innovation, collaboration and transparency, practice effective and accountable use of resources, and promote engagement and leadership at all levels.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave); Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
About Prince Albert:
The beautiful City of Prince Albert is the third largest city in the province and is situated on the North Saskatchewan River in Central Saskatchewan. The City rests on the south bank of the river, which divides the province's aspen parkland from the boreal forest on the north bank. To learn more about Prince Albert visit: https://www.citypa.ca/en/index.aspx