New job BI Developer in Quebec
Company : Ubisoft
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
By joining us as a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be part of the department that deals with enterprise data. Our internationally based team is responsible for providing business intelligence solutions to CRM, customer support and data analysis teams.
The team designs and develops solutions using ETL and DataWarehouse tools, in direct collaboration with the technical manager, business analysts and architects. As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be part of the team responsible for the "player and customer management" scope of the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP), which represents huge volumes of data. The EDP is moving from a combination of Hadoop and Teradata to SnowFlake for its data lake and data warehouse.
- Understand Ubisoft's requirements and participate in the technical design of the proposed solutions;
- Design, develop, test and maintain ETL flows and related data warehouse models/objects/systems;
- Automate data processing and set up a qualitative follow-up;
- Actively participate in the post-production support of ETL developments (troubleshooting, optimization and others);
- Ensure that documentation is produced for all development deliverables;
- Make proposals on how to improve and maintain existing workflows;
- Collaborate with other developers, architects and business analysts, as well as Agile roles such as product owners and Scrum Master;
- Actively participate in knowledge transfer of tasks to the support team.
- Proven experience as a data scientist or ETL developer in a data ecosystem, with specific expertise in ETL development, working with large volumes of data, if possible, with Informatica;
- Good knowledge of data warehousing, preferably with SnowFlake;
- Ability to optimize complex SQL queries - use of indexes, partition analysis;
- Knowledge of any cloud data warehouse, cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) and Hadoop stack (HDFS, Hive, Spark) and other big data technologies is a plus;
- Self-motivated, willing to learn/experiment with new technologies, and who demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills while working in a collaborative environment where customer satisfaction is at the core of what we do;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in French and English are required both verbally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.