New job Administrative Assistant in Ontario
Company : Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community, Business Development and Employment Services, the incumbent is responsible for administrative support services for the Community and Business Development Department and its divisions, including the Northern Training Division to assist with its effective operation and partnerships in the economic and social development of communities. The successful incumbent will:
- Facilitate communication between departmental staff and external stakeholders such as provincial and municipal governments, Employment Services, Indigenous Communities, Chambers of Commerce and provides confidential services in support of the development and delivery of projects and community and industry partnerships;
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure the flow of documentation of projects, partnerships and tasks by creating and managing correspondence, scheduling meetings, generating and distributing documents and reports as well as tracking and coordinating information;
- Distribute, maintain and develop departmental/divisional materials, policies, schedules, logs, files, and reports as well as employee assignments; and
- Coordinate and expedite the work schedule of the Executive Director, organize meetings, travel plans and coordinate special events.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resources Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- 2-year diploma in Office Administration or equivalent;
Minimum of 3 years related work experience, preferably supporting an Executive Position;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Proficient in working with computer software such as word, spreadsheets, and management information system.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations