New job Administrative Assistant in British Columbia
Company : Sprott Shaw College
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Established in 1903, Sprott Shaw College is a private post-secondary institution with 16 government-designated campuses across British Columbia. We take great pride in educating and preparing our students for rewarding and relevant careers in Administration, Business, Trades & Design, Nursing & Healthcare, and Child, Family & Community Support.
Sprott Shaw College is the subsidiary company of CIBT Education Group, one of the fastest-growing companies in BC according to Business in Vancouver. As an organization, we cultivate professional growth and positive working environments for our employees, which fosters our values of Community, Diversity, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Results-Oriented.
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Administrative Assistant plays an integral role in the smooth and efficient operations of the Sprott Shaw campus. Usually the first point-of-contact, the Administrative Assistant is the public’s first perception of the campus.
- Perform general administrative duties such as reception, mail, inter-office communications, outgoing correspondence, petty cash and ordering supplies/textbooks/equipment
- Maintain the standardized file set-up for vocational/retail student files, government project files, correspondence files, daily organization systems and dead files (archives)
- Provide marketing support to admissions by handling phone inquiries, appointments, walk-ins, and marketing statistics according to structured guidelines
- Ensure proper procedures and processes are followed for student registrations, file creations, and start schedules - and inputted into FAST
- Monitor attendance and keep the Admissions Advisor informed about any new student’s absence
- Provide the Director with the names of students who have excessive absenteeism
- Print and distribute monthly interim transcripts every four weeks for each student
- Process diplomas, certificates, and final transcripts
- Read and follow all procedures and policies and become aware of updated procedures
- Participate in graduation functions
- Attend faculty meetings and in-service training sessions
- May act as an instructional assistant in smaller campuses
Qualifications and Education
- Certificate or diploma in Administrative Assistant, Business Office, Business Administration or other related field of study
- At least two years of related work experience
- Knowledge of MS Office and database systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Service orientation
- Planning and organizing
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact the campus directly.