New job Addictions Counsellor I (Repost) (Revised) Eastern Health in St. John's, NL Yesterday New! in Newfoundland and Labrador
Addictions Counsellor I (Repost) (Revised) Eastern Health in St. John's, NL Yesterday New!
Company : Eastern Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Location: Waterford Hospital
Addictions Counsellor I (Repost) (Revised)
Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT)
Mental Health and Addictions
Permanent, Full Time
Hours Your hours of work will follow the flexible work schedule in accordance with Article 19.01(a) of the NAPE-HP Collective Agreement, based on 75 hours bi-weekly (by mutual agreement) (shift work; days; evenings; weekends; on-call required).
Salary CG-39($35.40 - $39.61)
Competition Number 2021002065
Posted Date 8 September 2021
Closing Date 15 September 2021
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Addictions Counselor is an integral member of the Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT) that provides intensive mobile services to individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and concurrent related complexities of mental health issues/disorders. With team members and the client the position is responsible for providing comprehensive client assessments and support to individuals in establishing personal recovery plans as well as short and long-term goals. This position will educate and engage clients to manage risk factors associated with substance abuse, link clients with substance abuse treatment services, advocate on behalf of clients, and provide 24-hour support in conjunction with the ACT team. The successful applicant will consult and work in partnership with local employers, service providers and community agencies in the provision of service to clients of the ACT team. This work is performed independently with strong links to community stakeholders, other staff within the ACT team and other staff of the Mental Health and Addictions Program.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Occasionally lifts objects less than 10 lbs and rearranges furniture between 10-25 lbs for group meetings, workshops or presentations.
- Occasionally conducts counselling sessions and is required to sit for long periods with limited opportunity to move about.
- Fine finger/precision work is required on a regular basis. A high level of attentiveness and vigilance is also required when working alone and during counselling sessions to ensure safety or to detect impending danger to self and client. Regularly exposed to time pressures; occasionally exposed to interruptions due to crisis situations.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, or a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology or a related Graduated Degree in a clinical discipline as determined by the employer is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience within the last five (5) in an addictions setting, with a focus in individual, family and group counselling is required.
- Current registration with your professional association is required.
- Knowledge of best practices, programs, services and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with co-workers, patients and their families in a one to one and/or group environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- The use of a private vehicle is a condition of employment.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
- This is a repost. Those who have already applied, need not reapply.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health NAPE HP Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health NAPE HP Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.