New job Accounting Manager in Alberta
Company : Silver Star Mountain Resort
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
The Accounting Manager is responsible for effectively overseeing the full cycle accounting process, completing reconciliations, preparing monthly financial statements, and managing the accounting team and office.
- Perform and manage full cycle month-end close process including preparing and reviewing journal entries, accruals, and cost of sales calculations
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements
- Weekly bank reconciliations for operating and trust accounts
- Maintain and reconcile Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss general ledger accounts
- Process property management owner statements and travel agent commissions
- GST/PST/NRT filing and reporting
- Ensure processes operating with appropriate internal controls
- Assist Controller with year-end audit procedures
- Respond to inquiries from resort managers regarding financial results and ad hoc reporting
- Ensure strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
- Development and performance management of a small accounting team, including setting key priorities and objectives that engages team members and supports the Company’s overall goals
- Performing other accounting duties as required
- Designated CPA or equivalent, with 5 or more years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com