New job Accountant in Alberta
Company : The Calgary Airport Authority
Salary : $89,037 - $92,567 a year
Location : Alberta
We are more than planes and tarmacs. Our purpose travels beyond building and managing world-class facilities and runways, and into the communities we serve. The Calgary Airport Authority is made up of nearly 225 employees who are driven by creating memorable and effortless experiences that reflect the beautiful city and region we serve. Motivated by our vision, we strive to turn the airport experience at YYC into one that air travelers are excited to be a part of.
As a primary driver of our city’s economy and growth, we have an opportunity to help make Calgary a global economic powerhouse. We believe our focus on the future will fuel our city’s next generation of prosperity. And we are ready, willing and able to step up to the challenge. At one of Canada’s busiest airports, our team is working hard to create the best possible experiences for the guests and visitors that arrive, depart and connect through our airport, and we need the help of the best people to help get us there.
The Accounting & Finance Team provides oversight, direction, and support in all aspects of accounting at The Calgary Airport Authority. This team works closely and collaboratively with both internal and external partners in a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Accountant you will support the accounting team by performing a variety of senior accounting and auditing work such as reconciliations, internal control audits, and interpreting accounts receivable and accounts payable terms and conditions. This role requires a strong knowledge of current Canadian Accounting Standards and will be required to possess an in-depth understanding of department and Authority policies and procedures as they relate to other business units and overall accounting results. This role will be responsible for making decisions and implementing changes based on the results of their audit findings.
Reporting to an Assistant Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the management of the month end processes including journal entry preparation
- Reconciling accounts and bank statements
- Preparing internal financial statements and analysis
- Researching, analyzing, preparing, and reviewing reconciliations of customer and vendor accounts
- Completing detailed internal reviews of revenues, disbursements, and other operational metrics
- Preparing of monthly CRA filings (GST, payroll, etc.)
- Reviewing, evaluating, recommending, and implementing internal controls and processes with a focus on continuous improvement
WHAT YOU BRING
- Applicants with a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or working towards their CPA are preferred
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting or related discipline
- Proven experience working in an accounting environment with a comprehensive knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Experience analyzing and preparing financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders (auditors, customers, internal business partners)
- Demonstrated intermediate to high proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to take initiatives, organize and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Capability to work in a growing, dynamic, and changing environment is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $89,037.00-$92,566.50 per year
Work Location: Multiple Locations