New job Water/Wastewater Technologist in Nova Scotia
Company : Dillon Consulting Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Are you someone with developing leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted partner and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Water and Wastewater process engineering team, part of our Communities and Environment Infrastructure technical group, is looking for a Water/Wastewater CADD Technologist to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects across the country while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior client experience. Dillon operates as a “one office” company, meaning you will have the opportunity to work with a national water/wastewater team along with supporting disciplines.
This position is based at our Halifax office.
What your day will look like
Project Design and Coordination (94%)
- Assist with a variety of multi-disciplinary water/wastewater projects including infrastructure conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design, technical memorandums, design reports, plans, approvals, contract administration, and site inspections
- Prepare engineered drawings in both 3D (Revit) and 2D (AutoCAD) related to water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, piping, etc.
- Perform assessments, design calculations, data collection, and data analysis to support engineering activities
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Participate in the creation of contract drawings, contract specifications, and tender packages
- Liaison with equipment suppliers and vendors for equipment selection
- Contribute to the business development activities including the co-ordination and preparation of proposals, presentations, and client liaisons. Tasks can include gathering information from engineering disciplines, developing fees, schedules, work plans, and organizational charts
- Assist with design team activities, coordination with project team members including engineers and technical support staff, and ongoing support to project managers and client relationship managers
- Liaison with public and private sector clients, vendors, government review and approval agencies, sub-consultants, and subcontractors
- Liaison with multidisciplinary project teams (including transportation, municipal and structural engineers, transportation systems planners, planners, environmental scientists and technical support staff)
Learning and Development (6%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- On the job training
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
What you will need to succeed
- Strong personal skills and self-driven
- A firm understanding of Revit software, 3D design, piping and equipment layouts
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate related to computer aided design and drafting
- Eligible to work in Nova Scotia and willingness to obtain professional registrations in other provinces/territories as required
- Reliable access to a personal vehicle (mileage provided by employer)
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in the consulting industry preferred
- Experience and knowledge of water and wastewater treatment equipment/facilities, pumping stations, and community infrastructure
- Related experience in range of design activities including preparation of functional and detailed design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, construction administration and commissioning is preferred
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team, client and industry relationships, and regulatory agency consultation
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork, coordination and communication
- Experience in BIM360, Navisworks or other collaborative softwares would be beneficial but is not required
- Proficient technical writer
- An intense motivation for personal and professional growth
- The ambition to be part of a growing enterprise, focused on technical excellence and superior client service
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- A deep desire to help and guide our clients on their path to success
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to network in professional settings
- Possess self-awareness and act responsibly on job sites
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced manufacturing environment
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- We oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Early Career Development (ECD) Program
- We are committed to developing the skills and knowledge of our people at every stage of their career. The ECD program is designed to accelerate the development of successful consulting careers of new graduates. The program focuses on a mix of skills and behaviours that align with technical, consulting, clients, business acumen, and early leadership.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 14 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation in the interview process.
We would love to hear from you!