New job Technology Specialist, Collaborative Health - TELUS Health in Nova Scotia
Technology Specialist, Collaborative Health - TELUS Health
Company : TELUS
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Who we are
We are THE Tech Company to Watch in the healthcare industry!
The Collaborative Health Team, part of the great TELUS Health family was founded by practicing physicians and tech futurists.
The Collaborative Health Team is charting a new course in healthcare by connecting patients and providers through its award-winning Collaborative Health Record (CHR), an end-to-end, secure, cloud-based digital platform that has transformed the antiquated electronic medical record (EMR) into an evolving vehicle for patient engagement and health practice automation. Our modern and user-friendly interface and devotion to improving patient-provider engagement is the answer for all health practitioners seeking to streamline and modernize their practices through smart, customizable, and automated patient management and engagement tools. Led by physician-technologists and design-obsessed engineers, we are proud to serve over 30,000 healthcare professionals and their patients through an exciting time of digital transformation.
Here's the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are expanding our reach in the Atlantic province, including the implementation of a province wide Collaborative Health record in Prince Edward Island (PEI).
The Professional Services Engineer (PSE) manages the technical side of the implementation team for TELUS Health, being highly engaged with internal teams and customers throughout the process of the technical installation to ensure it is successful. Working closely with Project Managers, Coordinators and Customers, the key tasks will include: some project management, deployment and installation, data validations, plus providing technical guidance to internal teams and customers to support the business targets for 2021 and beyond.
This is a crucial role within the organization, as we are expanding our footprint across Canada in the Collaborative Health Record (CHR) market. This position will be focused on our growth within the Atlantic Canada region.
Here's how – you will:
- Assist Project Managers with the technical components of an implementation
- Ensure successful installation and “Go Live” services for clinics
- Remotely supervise and support Field Service Partners during on sites with technical assistance
- Provide direction and guidance to customers and team members to facilitate successful implementations and execution of best practice
- Configure software (CHR, PS Suite Software and Med Access) in readiness for Data validations, testing and go-live
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues/resolving conflicts
- Staying proficient and following product knowledge, standard work instructions and procedures
- Updating projects and cases with installation work performed
- Updating projects and cases in Salesforce for work in progress
- EMR components setup – including several add on services and RSA tokens
- Documenting Technical System Requirements and Technical Configurations
- Running scripts to update or apply data fixes to systems
- Weekend and evening work may be required
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- University degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in a break fix role or relevant education background
- Experience in Information Technology or Project Management discipline or related
- Strong OS background on Windows Server/desktop, Mac, and Win/Mac related software and processes
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and knowledge of basic networking concepts, devices and security
- Strong communication, listening, organizational and multitasking skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with in a team environment, work under pressure, and prioritize requests/workload is essential
- Following standard process, knowing when to ask for help and using the correct channels
- Ability to work in a fast paced and target driven environment
- Quick learner, self-starter and accountable
- Experience with a high paced, high volume workload
- Previous EMR experience
- Hardware and Software certifications
- Knowledge of Sales Force
This position will require occasional weekend and evening work. Candidates must be prepared to work these hours.
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability — your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.
Primary Location: CA-NS-Halifax