New job Technical Analyst in Nova Scotia
Company : Mariner Innovations
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
As one of the largest professional services firms in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of 200+ management and technology consultants working with our public and private sector clients throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond. Our team delivers specific strengths in the areas of digital transformation, digital health, organizational change management, and in key technical areas including cybersecurity, IT infrastructure, BI & Analytics.
The successful candidate will be accountable to act as a subject matter expert within the Access Management team to drive Incident, Problem and Change Management of Shared Infrastructure Access portfolio used by our customers' internal employees and partners. The candidate will be a team player with a proven ability to gain consensus and provide exceptional communication at all levels within the company.
- Accountable for the day to day operation and maintenance of Access and Authentication solutions.
- Will work with our technology partners and delivery teams to understand solution offerings.
- Assess change tickets for completeness and risk prior to approving – MOP, Back-Out Plan, Test Plans, Risk & Impact Assessments complete and accurate.
- Ensure no other conflicting changes are taking place during the same time period.
- Adhere to any embargos on change during the year.
- Attend the OTSS Change Board weekly call to review and provide details on upcoming changes and answer any questions from the business.
- Assess whether changes need to be reviewed at the weekly change review based on risk or environment and business requirements.
- Facilitate prompt and efficient resolution of incidents while providing clear and timely communications to affected stakeholders throughout.
- Ensure incident, request, and problem management processes are followed as required and reviews reports/meets with support teams and/or application owners to prevent re-occurrence of the problem.
- Maintain an up to date knowledgebase of current service practices and techniques.
- Ensure support partners keep current with knowledgebase and continuously seek hardening opportunities to address known infrastructure issues.
- Help drive service improvement initiatives.
- Provides weekly status reports on service interruptions detailing root cause and resolution.
- Provides monthly metrics reporting on key service metrics.
- May require evening and weekend work.
- 24x7 availability through a scheduled duty manager rotation.
- 3-5 years of incident management experience.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders (especially at the Senior level).
- Active Directory experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- Understanding of and experience in Problem, Incident and Change Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess very strong customer focus.
- Professional approach in your dealings with others.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and trouble analysis skills.
- Able to engage in multiple priorities at once, making efficient and timely decisions.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Well organized, with the ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proficient at designing presentations and reports using Microsoft Office tools.
- Comfortable presenting reports to team members and/or leaders.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the technical aspects of the infrastructure used to deliver services.
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset.
- ITIL Certification.
- Prior experience working with Authentication and Identity Management tools - Microsoft Identity Management, Oracle Directory Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Sailpoint.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.