New job STUDENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT in Alberta
STUDENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Company : NORQUEST COLLEGE
Salary : $40,965 - $51,324 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Description: STUDENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT
FACULTY OF SKILLS AND FOUNDATIONAL LEARNING
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Business Operations team in the Faculty of Skills and Foundational Learning as a Student Program Assistant. The successful candidate will demonstrate the college values in their daily work, alongside a highly collaborative and engaged team of individuals, bringing a resourceful, professional and solution focused approach each and every day.
The position works closely with program leads and fellow administrators and we encourage our team to embrace the NorQuest Qs of always finding ways forward, being compassionate, dependable, with a keen sense of work at play and play at work. Students are our absolute priority and we’re passionate about supporting them on their learning journey. You will go above and beyond, raising those around you wherever possible.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE*
- Support the LINC programing administratively at reception.
- Work with the Program Manager, Associate Chairs, faculty and fellow faculty administrative staff in delivering programming and supporting the faculty at large each term.
- Work with teams across NorQuest to ensure program delivery is exceptional each and every term.
- Support and develop administrative processes, looking for new and innovative ways to provide great service.
- Get engaged in NorQuest life, support projects and activities as opportunities arise.
- Work with the administrative team to support others when workloads are challenging, some evenings will be required.
- Bring your previous experience to the table for us to learn from you.
- Be able to work evening hours.
WHAT YOU BRING*
- Six month post-secondary credit course within business or administration, diploma
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Advanced ability in MS Office product Excel
- Well-developed organizational, clear communication and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft an asset
- Experience working with multicultural clients and/or knowledge of another language an asset
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER
- You are a positive, dynamic, forward thinker with an ability to adapt to various priorities with an eye on achieving success for yourself and others.
- You work well alongside a collaborative team of individuals focused on delivering an outstanding learner experience.
- You demonstrate an exemplary level of professionalism and compassion in a multicultural environment.
SALARY: *$40,965 - $51,324 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. This is a term position ending April 2022 and may be extended based on operational need. Term positions are not currently eligible to participate in our health and pension programs.
This position will require a regular on campus presence when we return to campus as it assists our students face to face.
COMPETITION NUMBER: *2021-3100
CLOSING DATE: *August 11, 2021
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers._* If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Type: Full-time