New job Site Administration Assistant in Newfoundland and Labrador
Site Administration Assistant
Company : Tata Steel Minerals Canada Ltd
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Tata Steel Minerals Canada Limited (TSMC) with its headquarters at 1000, Sherbrooke W., Suite 1120, Montreal (Quebec), operates iron ore mines in the provinces of Newfoundland and Labrador and Quebec. TSMC is a joint venture between Tata Steel Limited and the Government of Quebec. Tata Steel, part of the Tata Group of Companies, is one of the world’s top 10 steel producers and a fortune 500 company.
Tata Steel Minerals Canada is currently seeking a Site Administration Assistant to work on a Fly-in/Fly-out basis of 2 weeks On/Off to and from the Menihek region in Labrador, near the town of Schefferville, QC. Operations at our mine site are running 24/7 all year long. Standard work schedules are of 12 hours per day.
The main pick-up points are St. John’s, Gander, Deer Lake, Happy Valley-Goose Bay and Wabush in NL, Halifax, NS, Moncton, NB, and Montreal, QC.
The Site Administration will provide both comprehensive document control and administrative support to site management and employees. The incumbent is expected to be a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
- Assist with the onboarding of new hires in coordinating the Onboarding process and program with HR and trainers.
- Carry out various administrative duties following internal procedures in accordance with established processes (ie. billing validation tracking, processing service entries into SAP, etc.).
- Work closely with HR particularly with ADP in verifying timecard entries, liaising with field supervisors and maintaining attendance records and vacation schedules.
- Work closely with Camp Administration particularly in updating flight and camp accommodation requests.
- Perform data entry or verification like expense reports, ensuring payroll is completed correctly, and the administration of travel requests etc.
- Schedule manpower and arrange flights for departments at site (Engineering/Projects, Maintenance, Operations) as well as contractors and consultants.
- Generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings and create presentations.
- Organize and maintain filing systems, mostly electronic, according to standards and best practices of document management.
- Maintain office supply inventory and making sure of office equipment availability as needed.
- Undertake any other administrative duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned to ensure a seamless and positive customer service experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in document or records management and site administration in an industrial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP and ADP Workforce Now would be considered assets
- Proven ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment, combined with your flexible, proactive approach to work.
- Detailed oriented self-starter with strong experience in document management in a start-up environment.
- Customer-oriented, action-oriented, teamwork oriented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
At Tata Steel Minerals Canada, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, age, origin, culture, and experience. We promote the hiring of women, Aboriginals and as a priority member of communities with which we have an agreement, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in TSMC. Please note however that due to the high volume of applications, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.