New job Senior Patient Reimbursement Specialist & Special Projects in New Brunswick
Senior Patient Reimbursement Specialist & Special Projects
Company : BioScript Solutions
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
One tree planted for every new hire. Why not start your new job on a green foot and help us lower your carbon footprint. This year, we're proud to be a winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, the country’s leading business awards program recognizing excellence in Canadian-owned and managed companies.
Your Opportunity at BioScript
This role is responsible for undertaking the management of specific projects or cases that are assigned to them in regards to patient reimbursement and coordination for the NavieGo branch of the organization. The Senior Patient Reimbursement Specialist will be assigned to a variety of projects/programs for continual short-term overflow support with patient support program related activities. This role must be an experienced reimbursement specialist and be agile/adaptable to apply their knowledge to many therapeutic areas. In addition, this role offers the unique opportunity to contribute to the overall training of new hires and participate in the strategic direction of our reimbursement practices and designing the workflows, with room for advancement as we continue to grow.
You will be accountable to:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects required in order to obtain prescription drug coverage for patients;
- Coordinate cases with insurance companies, physician' offices and healthcare professionals in order to maximize reimbursement solutions;
- Coordinate documents, submissions and all related paperwork to insurance companies, public/federal funding programs;
- Working with management to provide leadership and support to team members across multiple therapeutic areas;
- Foster and build relationships with key clinics;
- Implement Financial Means Test as required in an effort to maximize patient's prescription drug coverage;
- Coordinate with pharmacy processes required once funding has been obtained;
- Brings an in depth knowledge of public / private and federal funding mechanisms;
- When overflow support on a PSP is not required, will perform project based work as required for the business unit;
- Performs other duties and tasks as required from time to time;
- Developing and leading presentations;
- Identify and assess training needs within the organization; and
- Create teaching materials.
Your experience includes:
- Bilingualism - English/French - is required;
- Prior experience in a reimbursement role is required;
- Experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, or insurance industry is an asset;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in patient support programs;
- Brings strong knowledge of reimbursement (public / private) within multiple therapeutic areas;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft and Google applications (Google apps, Word, Excel);
- Professional/courteous/efficient telephone manner;
- Proven ability to organize time, set priorities, and multi-task in order to meet various competing work deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility;
- Proven drive for results;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently;
- An out of box thinking approach;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools, and techniques; and
- Able to work rotating shifts Monday through Friday, covering the hours of 8 AM to 8 PM.
It takes passionate, empowered and inspired people to deliver exceptional patient care and support. If you’re looking for a collaborative and dynamic workplace where you can bring and be your best, we have a role for you.
Please submit your application by clicking 'Apply Now' before September 10, 2021.
BioScript Solutions only collects applicants’ information directly through our official recruitment portal, UltiPro. We will not request, handle, or receive resumes or personal information through any other service. If you are redirected to another site, please advise email@example.com.
Our mission is to Simplify Access to Specialty Care. Since 2001, BioScript Solutions has supported patients with chronic illnesses and rare diseases by providing access to complex drug therapies and delivering full-service specialty care solutions at every stage of their treatment journey. From our home base in Atlantic Canada, we’ve grown into a national network of clinics, pharmacies, and patient support programs operating from over 100 locations across the country. We are proud of our diverse and engaged team of over 800 team members who support each other, make an impact in the communities we serve and put the patient first in everything that we do.