New job Senior Communications and Government Relations Specialist in Manitoba
Senior Communications and Government Relations Specialist
Company : Shared Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 271770
Position Number: 20043223
Posting End Date: August 27, 2021
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Shared Health Corporate Office
Department / Unit: Shared Health Communications
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt-OT
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 08/25/2021 - 02/25/2023
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general direction of the Provincial Lead, Strategic Communications and Stakeholder Relations, the Senior Communications and Government Relations Specialist will:
Develop appropriate and timely responses to media inquiries as part of the management of daily media requests;
- Support clinical and corporate program areas by developing and implementing various communication plans and projects;
- Identify emerging issues and develop advice and briefing materials on sensitive and sometimes contentious issues
- Work with and provide support to Shared Health and Transformation Office communications representatives.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a communications position requiring media management on a regular basis, preferably in a corporate, government and/or health care setting.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading communications initiatives.
- Demonstrated political acumen, adaptability and issues management expertise to develop and implement corporate and government initiatives and to respond to health system issues which can be public, urgent and sensitive
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, GroupWise, and PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design.
- A post-secondary degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, political science or a related field required.
- An acceptable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Membership in Health Care Public Relations Association (HCPRA) preferred.
- Membership in International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) would be an asset.
Qualifications and Skills
- Superior oral and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, working effectively with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Proven track record of integrity and trust, with the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven skill in writing, editing, and strategic media and communication planning with excellent presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Social Media Platforms and WordPress.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee s not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.