New job Retirement Information Consultant in Saskatchewan
Retirement Information Consultant
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $33.36 - $41.81 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Public Employees’ Benefits Agency (PEBA) administers two of Canada’s top 100 Pension Funds, including Canada’s top Defined Contribution Pension Plan, along with a number of other pension and benefit programs. Our vision of Fostering Financial Wellness leads the work we do in providing valuable pension and benefit services to the over 100,000 members we are proud to serve.
PEBA requires a skilled and experienced Retirement Information Consultant (RIC) to provide understandable, integrated and comprehensive financial education to PEBA members and stakeholders. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to share a holistic approach to retirement planning in a member centered, non-sales-based environment. You will be a member of the team that is responsible for coordinating the retirement planning activities within PEBA, including analyzing, recommending, preparing and facilitating retirement planning activities and educational/informational sessions for members of the various pension plans. Interaction with plan members will occur in both group settings and individual consultations.
PEBA's vision statement is "fostering financial wellness". As a RIC you are an integral part of this by supporting members at all stages of their life in order to reduce financial stress, strengthen their financial literacy and improve their financial well-being.
Typically, this position requires travel throughout the province, which could be approximately 50% of your time, or higher. Overtime will periodically be required within this position. Currently, due to the pandemic, travel for PEBA staff is very limited. The majority of workshops and group presentations are being delivered virtually. Member consultations are currently being delivered both in person from our Regina office as well as through virtual and phone meetings.
You will be:
- Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) or Qualified Associate Financial Planner™ (QAFP™) certified and have several years of related financial services industry experience;
- Knowledgeable of the financial markets, pension plans and retirement products including relevant regulations and guidelines to ensure information provided to members is objective, non-biased and accurate;
- Customer service oriented with excellent presentation skills;
- Able to conduct focused interviews to determine member needs; and
- Passionate about overall financial wellness and bring a non-biased approach to educating members on their financial decisions.
Industry related knowledge acquired via a Certificate in Employees Benefits (CEBS) or Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) would also be considered an asset.
Please indicate in your cover letter the reasons you are interested in and qualified for this position.
What We Offer
The Agency offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity, diversity and inclusion. In addition, the Saskatchewan public service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- a rich, supportive workplace with no sales pressures;
- a competitive salary;
- comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- career development, advancement and learning opportunities;
- flexible work arrangements; and
- vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.