New job PTA Advisor in Saskatchewan
Company : Saskatchewan Polytechnic
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus
Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr. E. A. Davies Building
Open Until Filled
Category of work
Hours of Work
To be Assigned, 7.25 hours per day
As per the instructional grid
Temporary Market Stipend
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
1.00 position: 12 month duration
199 days/academic year
Please visit our website, www.saskpolytech.ca/coronavirus for up to date information on masking and vaccination requirements.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic considers the diversity of our workforce to be one our leading strengths and greatest assets. Our employee diversity enhances our ability to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse student population. Currently, approximately 20% of our students are Indigenous. A continued emphasis on the development of a representative workforce is one of Sask Polytech’s strategic priorities and, as an organization, we are making significant efforts to attract and retain Indigenous employees.
This is primarily an on campus position in Saskatoon.
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
1. Facilitate PTA administration for PTA-eligible programs in Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
2. Advise PTA applicants of their potential benefits and obligations.
3. Assist applicants in completing and submitting their applications for training allowances.
4. Monitor client’s progress in program.
5 Organize and prioritize work.
6. Liaise with and provide referrals to appropriate government departments, agencies, and/or institutions.
7. Maintain records of client-related information, and report such information as required.
8. Work without direct supervision.
9. Contribute to an environment that values the beliefs, needs, and contributions of a culturally diverse community.
10. Be knowledgeable about the factors that affect people who are socio-economically disadvantaged.
11. Keep current with Provincial Training Allowance requirements, procedures, and processes.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e. Social Work, Education or Administration in areas of Sociology, Psychology, Indigenous or International Studies), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrated competence in client service, which would include effective interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
4. Ability to function as a team member in an ever-changing environment.
5. Demonstrated competence and recent experience in the use of the internet, e-mail, MS Office Suite software and the ability to learn and adapt to changing technology.
6. Undergo a Criminal Record Check.
7. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Job Type: Full-time