New job Proposal Coordinator in Ontario
Company : L3Harris Technologies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
About the Role
This is a 14 month contract position.
WESCAM is seeking an experienced Proposal Coordinator who is accomplished in all aspects of Proposal Coordination from the chairing of Kickoff meetings, costing and pricing in complex spreadsheets through to the acquiring of bid approvals and bid issuance. This role will be working within a mature Bids and Proposals organization of approx. 15 people to coordinate custom bids and proposal efforts in response to a variety of domestic and international RFP’s from Governments, OEM’s and end users. As a Proposal Coordinator, you will coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments and be responsible for issuing high quality bids and proposals for the sale of our MX Series Electro-Optic / Infra-Red sensors, Services and System Solutions for installation on Aircraft, Maritime vessels and Land vehicles.
Applicants with prior experience in the Aerospace industry and / or with the bidding of complex System Solutions will be highly valued.
- Learn and understand WESCAM’s complete product offering (price book)
- Understand customer requirements (Request For Proposal (RFP) / RFI / RFQ etc.)
- Evaluate the Proposal Request and prepare for Bid/No Bid meetings (if required)
- Respond to customers with the generation of bids (quotations) and proposals
- Prepare for and facilitate the Proposal Kick-off meetings (as required)
- Troubleshoot and innovate creative solutions
- Use complex Excel spreadsheets to capture costing / pricing and Basis of Estimates
- Coordinate the proposal writing phase and red-team review and approval process
- Complete concise proposal text to fill-in gaps with proposal team text.
- Follow-up and expedite timely responses from the proposal team, interacting with multiple points of contact and departments
- Craft sales language to support bids and cover letters
- Understand the key commercial terms and the Bid and Proposal process
- Obtain approvals following WESCAM’s approval process (chair approval meeting if required)
- Coordinate all aspects of the proposal process and ensure the proposal is submitted on-time
- Provide post-proposal support during subsequent Q&A and Negotiations
- Closeout the proposal process by completing as awarded information
- Work to achieve personal and department strategic goals