New job Produce Clerk in Alberta
Company : Central Alberta Co-op Ltd.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Central Alberta Co-op is here to serve our members and customers with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business, being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in the local economy. We live where you live, work where you work and help grow the economy right here.
Our Lacombe Food Store is looking for 3 casual Produce Clerks to join our team.
Casual: less than 24 hours/week.
Availability requirements: Weekdays and weekends - early morning (5:00 AM start), days and evenings (up to 9:15 PM).
- Demonstrate day to day behaviors and actions that align with and strengthen our vision, mission, values, and brand.
- Assist customers looking for a specific item by taking them to that item,
- Assist in the receiving and inspection of fresh produce into the warehouse area and product storage,
- Stock, face, cull and rotate inventory following the First In, First Out (FIFO) process,
- Wash, cut, and package product for the fresh-cut program,
- Water plants and change water in flowers as required,
- Ensure adequate levels of fresh produce are ordered and displayed at all times,
- Ensure a clean and sanitary work environment,
- Ensure that all equipment is operated in a safe and responsible manner,
- Maintain temperature logs and ensure all food and equipment temperatures comply with food safety guidelines,
- Ensure the date is accurate on all packages and remove any dry, discoloured, and outdated products,
- Be familiar with all products handled and be alert to new product information,
- Be knowledgeable of Canadian Food Inspection Agency recalls and CAC’s required response, and provide customers with current information,
- All duties as assigned by the manager.
- Excellent customer service skills,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Ability to work independently and in a team,
- Some heavy lifting is required (up to 50 lbs.).
Central Alberta Co-op is proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity and Responsibility. We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, the opportunity for advancement and personal growth and benefits, depending on employment status. We are COR certified and committed to providing our team members and customers a safe working and shopping environment.
This posting will remain open for a minimum of 1 week to August 27, 2021 and then open until filled. Please upload a cover letter, resume, and three references. If for any reason you have difficulty uploading documents please fill out the Work Experience and Education sections.
Successful candidates must provide government-issued proof of SIN prior to hiring (e.g. SIN card, Confirmation of SIN, Notice of Assessment, Child Tax Benefit, Official National Student Loans Service Centre Receipt for Income Tax Purpose).
We appreciate your interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.