New job Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) Coordinator Association for New Canadians in St. John's, NL Yesterday New! in Newfoundland and Labrador
Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) Coordinator Association for New Canadians in St. John's, NL Yesterday New!
Company : Association for New Canadians
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Association for New Canadians is a non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to the provision of settlement and integration services for immigrants and refugees.
Job Title: Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) Coordinator
Location: St. John's, NL
Closing Date: Friday, September 10, 2021
Position Type: 1 full-time position to March 31, 2022, with renewal pending operational needs and funding approval
Reporting to the Manager of PSR and Special Projects, the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Coordinator will be responsible for managing the ANC's sponsorship program and working closely with co-sponsors and newcomers. The role will provide guidance and information to cosponsors during the application process; liaise with IRCC and Visa Offices during the processing period; welcome newcomers upon arrival to NL; and oversee the newcomer's settlement journey during the first year of arrival. The Private Sponsorship of Refugees Coordinator is a highly competent professional with depth of knowledge in immigration and migration of refugees combined with above average relationship building skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate and support individuals and community groups on PSR applications, obtaining personal detailed information, the refugee's travel journey and current situation in the country of asylum
- Determine applicant's eligibility as defined by the program's criteria and meets the admissible criteria to Canada prior to submission to IRCC
- Creates an individualized settlement plan (e.g. accommodation, banking, health care, and monthly financial view) for the sponsorship year
- Manages both the PSR's annual allocation and sponsorship waitlist
- Promotes the PSR and Blended Visa Office Referral (BVOR) program within the community
- Represents the ANC at national Sponsorship Association Holders (SAH) workshops and conferences as well as with the Atlantic partnership
- Remains current with IRCC program requirements or policy changes and actions internal process changes to ensure integrity of the program
- Oversees and monitors the newcomer's sponsorship with close alliance with the cosponsors, identify any gaps and problem solve with cosponsor and/or action internal or community-based referrals
- Provides information and supports on other applications (e.g. One Year Window for non-accompanying family members)
- Monthly reporting both statistics and narrative of program highlights
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with strong working knowledge of immigration pathways and procedures
- Ability to handle sometimes complex and sensitive files and react with the appropriate level of compassion
- Possess cultural awareness and openness in working with a diverse client group
- Research skills and the ability to action program changes into internal process
- Demonstrated sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail focused on document requirements and immigration process
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe documents
- Holder of Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant designated considered as asset
Conditions of Employment
- Flexibility to work outside of standard core hours (Monday-Friday, 9-5)
- Satisfactory Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume as one PDF or MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Association for New Canadians values inclusiveness and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit us on-line at: www.ancnl.ca.