New job POWER PLANT SUPERVISOR in Nunavut
POWER PLANT SUPERVISOR
Company : Nasittuq Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nunavut
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
Nasittuq provides exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defence (DND).
WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE VACANCY FOR A
POWER PLANT SUPERVISOR
- Maintain the safe operation and oversee the monitoring, inspection, maintenance, overhaul and repair of the main and standby power plants, including the standby and satellite boilers
- Develop and define operational policies and procedures
- Maintain safety and environmental standards and ensures applicable rules and regulations are in compliance
- Maintain adequate records and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational plans, reports and deliverables
- Select, supervise, train, develop and evaluate performance of power plant staff to ensure a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities
- Certified Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic or certified Industrial Electrician or Electrical Generating Systems Technician (Level 6A)
- 5+ years experience in operating a diesel generator power plant and central heating plant of 1500KW or greater
- Previous supervisory power plant experience
- Strong work ethic, ability to manage multiple priorities, solid interpersonal, communications and documentation skills
- Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance and pass a pre-employment medical
- Must possess a valid passport to overnight in Thule, Greenland during on-route to CFS Alert, NU
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required
The positions in Alert are Fly In/Fly out. Our permanent positions are 8x8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop,hobbies and clubs
- Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amounts
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- Permanent positions receive company pension plan payments
Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process .
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.