New job Operating Room Supply Coordinator & Medical Device Reprocessing Technician in Northwest Territories
Operating Room Supply Coordinator & Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $72,000 - $86,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
Located within the operating room and reporting directly to the Manager, Surgical and Maternal Child Services, the OR Supply Coordinator/MDR Technician works 7:30-15:30, Monday to Friday and is vital to the safe and efficient running of the Operating Room and Post Anesthesia Recovery Room. Instruments and supplies need to be correctly ordered, available for use and properly stored to ensure the safe and efficient running of the Operating Room. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the OR supplies inventory of both stock and non-stock items, instrument inventory and ordering of equipment, sending equipment for repairs and obtaining loaner equipment, and checking loaner equipment upon receiving and return. The incumbent will assist with various aspects of MDR processing, in the OR/PARR.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively with OR and MDR units to ensure the implementation of appropriate processes..
- Knowledge of, and an ability to apply advanced medical devise reprocessing procedures and techniques.
- Must be able to provide training, advice and assessment using specialized equipment, tools and techniques (including but not limited to minimally invasive surgical equipment, electrical surgical units, crash carts, etc.).
- An ability to operate and/or use standard medical devise reprocessing and point of care cleaning equipment.
- Previous inventory management experience is an asset.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
This level of knowledge is commonly acquired through successful completion of a recognized MDR/CSR Program and 1 year experience in MDR, and OR supply coordination.
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
YELLOWKNIFE CENTRE 5TH FLOOR
BOX 1320 YELLOWKNIFE NT X1A 2L9
Tel (867) 767-9154 Extension 14106
Fax (867) 873-0445
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.