New job Online Support Clerk (Clerk 3) in Nova Scotia
Online Support Clerk (Clerk 3)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $3,158 - $3,534 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 9/10/2021 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
At Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services, we impact every citizen, business and municipality and business in Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to design and deliver programs and services to meet the needs of our clients and the public good through a culture of excellence. Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services’ vision is to be a recognized leader in service and public protection that delivers trusted, accessible, modern programs, and contributes to Nova Scotia as a safe and desirable place to live, work and do business. To learn more about our Department, please click on the following link:
About Our Opportunity
We are looking for a Clerk 3 candidate, who wants to assist government in delivering on a digital and technology strategy for Nova Scotia. Health Telecom Services is the first tier support for managing incidents and requests related to landlines, mobile phones, ipads, and related services. You will work under minimal supervision, and be required to perform assignments related to Telecom Services, of varying complexities. You will be required to conduct independent analysis, execute good judgement, and have a detailed knowledge of the applicable procedures. This environment requires attention to detail and time management skills, to ensure our clients receive timely and accurate resolution to their tickets. We are interested in candidates who have a track record of delivery, digital awareness, and a passion for delivering stellar customer service. We are seeking a candidate with the professional acumen to instinctively approach each project with the appropriate level of urgency.
As the Telecom Services Support Clerk (Clerk 3), you will be responsible for:
- Providing Tier 1 troubleshooting with internal users, incident handling, and problem resolution.
- Collaborating with Service Nova Scotia & Internal Services partners and 3rd party vendors to resolve issues.
- Recording and documenting all contacts in the incident and problem management system for escalation to Tier 2 and facilitation of monitoring of trends, recurring issues and service delivery.
- Performing other related clerical duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
As the successful candidate, you possess four (4) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be acceptable.
You will also be:
- Able to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail in actioning multiple requests
- Able to demonstrate dedication to delivering excellent customer service
- A clear, articulate communicator, with intuitive communication skills
- Experienced in Excel, Word, and able adapt quickly to new technologies and programs
- Accustomed to working under pressure, thriving in a deadline driven environment
- An excellent relationship builder within, and beyond, government
- Committed to process improvement and self- development
You will have experience with office automation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook) and collaborative software to support and guide users.
In addition, you have experience providing technical support/maintaining service requests to internal and external users, providing solutions by analytically troubleshooting with superior customer service skills.
The following will be viewed as assets:
- Experience and knowledge of the government technologies, such as Assyst, Cimpl, SAP, etc.
- Knowledge of industry-leading methodology and toolsets, and related hands-on experience in Telecom
- ITIL knowledge and experience
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: CL 18
Salary Range: $1,579.09 - $1,766.79 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to Competitions@novascotia.ca.